Twisted Up 56 Mirrometer 660 Jug Build.

riverrat2

Semper Fidelis
Local time
12:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on 2 more Chines 660s today, and very disappointed that the big gear from the chain adjuster does not even fit in the relief hole in the case! Now I have to disassemble a OEM saw to figure out if the gear is too big, or if the hole in the case is too small!

The extra work involved is very disheartening!
If you were not in a hurry I have several apart but they are @ my Shop 170 miles away!!! @tree monkey or @Mastermind might have one handy

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks, but I got one in a dead saw, but I wanted to bring that saw to life down the line, so I feel like I'm robbing Peter to pay Paul! We will get it done, just frustrating.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I took a bit off the gear, got it to spin, but when I installed the complete unit (which I had worked back & forth) I could not get it to work. Very frustrating. On the first one I did, the gear stripped, and I ended up using a used OEM unit w/o any problems.

I ordered some AM ones from HL Supply, they had good reviews, we will see how they work.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking of making a vid of that. I use a loop of 1" nylon (about 12"), put one end around my right wrist like a dog leash, then put it over the pull cord handle and hold the loop together with the left hand (almost like a golf club hold).

Put my right foot through the handle, the left foot on the near side of the top handle (kind of over the recoil as much as possible), then just pull up with both hands. Works great! I could never start this beast with just a one hand pull.

Just eat your Wheeties Mike. Cowboy up. LOL

Great, I just found a volunteer to start it at GTGs!!!

Certainly. No worries here at all. LOL

Mr Mustangmike, I am a old man and I am interested in how you start these high compression saws. I have a problem with my high compression saws. As I got older, I went to my smaller saws as my go to saw. A vld would be nice so us older guys to see your method of starting the saw. Thanks.

I'd like to see this method too Mr. Chin.

Mr RIChevy, have you ever started a Stihl 064 with no decompression valve on it? I see you are going to be the official starter at the GTG.......... lol....

Lol. No I haven't, but my Mike Lee 660 has about 195 lbs compression and is fun to pull. D-handle is my friend.

Bunch A Snowflakes.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/321895632808

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Al was shocked how hard it was to pull over based on the measured compression, and the timing advance (about .020) is the same as I was using with the Cross jug. My two 066s are easy compared to this.

I recommend you Try a Ported 880 with 185-190psi.

You’ll Like the MS669 much More.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Welcome to the OPE Forum Oscar.

This saw’s sitting in my shop. It will be getting a carb upgrade (Tilly 320 over the China one on it) with thinned shafts.

It may get the jug pulled and reworked, but mikes already having a rough time with the starting.

Thanks for bringing back the thread.