High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Twist in replacements for Flippy caps are HERE NOW!!

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
12:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DHL shows them moving towards me but no arrival date yet.

Caps will be sold in pairs to customer in order of descending hatred of flippy caps:)

Trade-ins of NOS or NIB 346XP and 046 and 066 red lights accepted.

I like these way better than flippys.
Randy liked them on the 044 he built me.
Several other saw enthusiasts and builders have perorders with me in qty.
It must me noted that Jeremy dislikes them because they have a low profile and are hard for him to turn with his little baby hands when they are oily.
I mean who doesn't thoroughly wash their hands before touching a chainsaw....COME ON!!

If you think you have the best story of why you hate flippy caps, post it up here and I will send a few sets out for free to those that are most inspiring.

Dave

Arrived today 500 pairs of the twist in only flippy cap replacements.
Builders and guys who pre-ordered qty yours are packed and will ship tomorrow AM first thing.
375 pairs remain.
gratuitous Ebay link -
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stihl-Chain...NEW-CCC-MS290-MS440-MS460-READ-/322035731612?
12.00 a pair shipped in the USA
I will try to set up listings for Canada and Australia next week, the shipping is just brutal, I am trying to explore some options.
There are some pictures in the listing but I will post comparison pictures here between the current third generation OEM Stihl flippy, the common aftermarket flippy, the LCS push button flippy and the Twiply CCC cap.

img_1980-jpg.14848

Left to right : OEM 3G, AM, Twiply, Pushy
img_1981-jpg.14849

Same order

img_1982-jpg.14850

Side View Twiply

img_1983-jpg.14851

Side view of Pushy - the button is actually mostly recessed into the center rib so you kind of push it into the cap to move the locking pin on the edge - Gregg said they went through several different designs and prototypes before settling on this for production

img_1984-jpg.14854

Twiply and Pushy

Last edited:

skip sail

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My first chainsaw(ms 250) had flippy caps. I didnt know any better,i thought thats the way they all were.
Within two hours of purchase,i broke one.
the dealer said they were not covered by warranty,and happily sold me another.
One month later,it broke again,and the dealer offered to sell me another.
I finally wised up,sold the 250 and bought an 044(non flippy,made a heck of a lot more sense)

then i got stupid again and bought a 362cm,and fell into the flippy cap trap again.
Havent broke one yet, but I'm waiting. !

Backtroller

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:13 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't mind the flippy cap on the gas tank side of my HT101 but the oil cap is awful. I think that I have it all locked down and then I find all of the oil on the ground if the pole saw tips over. I wrap the entire cutting head with a towel when I transport it. I also have had it were I rotated the flippy part too much and it refuses to lock down. Then I spend 10 minutes trying to line the cap up so it will lock back down. The oil cap on the 192t also does this to me from time to time, but the pole saw us much worse.

Dave will these caps work on the HT101? If So I'd like to buy one from you.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you think you have the best story of why you hate flippy caps, post it up here and I will send a few sets out for free to those that are most inspiring.

Dave
A true story that happened to my neighbors aunts brother in laws best friends cousin a little while back

One bright day, in the middle of the night ;)
two dead boys got up to fight (over flippy caps or screw ons)
Back to back they faced each other (with saws in hand)
Drew their pull chords and shot each other (now they dont need no caps)
A deaf policeman heard this noise (we wondered if the saws actually started)
Drew his gun and stabbed them 2 dead boys (he said he didnt like flippies, hippies, or groupies)
If you dont believe this lie to be true (that people despise flippy caps)
Ask the blind man, he saw it too (but he said he liked how flippies looked)

So, since I happen to know for a fact that I dont know diddley, I could use a few pairs of these things, but I'll just pay you for them and leave the more inspiring stories to claim their prize

Thanks DD !!!
(Check your in box please Sir)

Last edited:

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This version is so far only made in the larger of the two sizes.
So if you have a 362 or 440 or God forbid a 290 you are set.
If your. Tool uses two different size caps your oil will still pour out on your boots.
They will be about $12 pair shipped in the us when they get here and will be on eBay.

Skip sail I hope I am not out of line to say your dealer was a dick, out of warranty in two hours.

I will post up some glamour shots later today.
There is a second type of replacement also coming pretty soon from Gregg at Left Coast that lock with a push button. He sent me a sample and I plan to carry those as well. Gregg said they would be available in both sizes

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When I go to a GTG, all the Dog Saw fans Bully me and Mock my Steel Saws with Plastic fuel caps. They say "wanna' race that POS, Oh you cant...... all your gas is laying on the ground, well except what is running down your chaps or did you p!ss yerself?"

Last edited:

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DHL shows them moving towards me but no arrival date yet.

Caps will be sold in pairs to customer in order of descending hatred of flippy caps:)

Trade-ins of NOS or NIB 346XP and 046 and 066 red lights accepted.

Dave

How many sets can I get for a 346XPG that's never seen fuel?

Genius

First member of ASlite to receive a infraction
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My hate for them came after using a pole saw. I filled it with oil....

Let's just say I'm glad that I always wear a hat... Of course no oil was spilled on the way up, it all had to pour out when the saw was directly over head.

I waisted 1/2 a hour trying to get that damn POS to seat properly.

If pole saws were not so dang expensive I'd have bent the thing over my knee and tossed it across the field.

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am very interested :)
lets start the negotiation at 50 pair, though I have no idea what a 346XPG goes for or cost new :)

Anybody know how many amps and volts the heater system produces? I have something ridiculous in mind :)

Definitive Dave

Piss Rev Mafia Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'd need them in 15 minutes or the deal is off......
I got the email from DHL yesterday that they had been dropped off at the DHL hub in Hong Kong and just got the Email that they are here in the states waiting on me to log on and pay the customs fees so they can be delivered.
DHL rocks internationally.

15 minutes....ya dirty rotten sombleach :)

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
dave i will be interested in some also i only have a couple flippy cap saws but hate the flippy cap with a passion

Gravitas

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Knock on wood, never had a flippy cap get fuel or oil on me. I guess I'm either lucky or just smarter than you fuggas' :asz:

On the contrary, I was running an 044 this past weekend that, unbeknownst to me, had a fuel cap that was no longer sealing and it wept fuel on me while I was using it. I blame that on the builder though, he sucks. :banana: