Trees you've cut

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah live oaks always grow strange, it's whats normal for them.
Like always say,no one asks me to cut a beautiful live tree in the middle of a field.

I've seen some interesting ones over the years. One of my favorite species around here.

There was one at my old cabin that was at least 80', if not 100' tall and straight as an arrow. It was down in a hollow, and I was looking at it from 30-40' above (couldn't see the base.) At eyelevel-view, it was still 2.5' in diameter or more.

Never seen another one that straight around here.

islandarb

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen some interesting ones over the years. One of my favorite species around here.

There was one at my old cabin that was at least 80', if not 100' tall and straight as an arrow. It was down in a hollow, and I was looking at it from 30-40' above (couldn't see the base.) At eyelevel-view, it was still 2.5' in diameter or more.

Never seen another one that straight around here.
Live oaks are one of my favourite trees, grow similar to my mahoganies. I have climbed many in South Carolina, Savannah Ga and Florida.Screenshot_20230303_133354_WhatsApp.jpg Great workout getting out on the tips of the long branches. Always at climbing comps... so majestic.

islandarb

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Squareground3691 @islandarb @HumBurner

I actually haven’t had much trouble with screws, just that 346. But I don’t care, thing is an animal. I do love it. I’d like to try a ported 500i if I could weasel my way into one without spending a mint.
500i is on my list. But just bought 5 new saws. So it will wait til later in the year.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Live oaks are one of my favourite trees, grow similar to my mahoganies. I have climbed many in South Carolina, Savannah Ga and Florida.View attachment 367075 Great workout getting out on the tips of the long branches. Always at climbing comps... so majestic.
Forsythe park is a wonderful place.

Maintenance Chief

Disrupting the peace with an old chainsaw
Local time
5:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Climbed a good few trees there in 2019 for a climbing comp. My best bud Shem lives in Savannah, he is the youngest Board Certified Master Arborist in the State of Ga. What a beautiful majestic place. Love it.
The Ms.Chief and I go there for some RR every year, Halloween was pretty cool last year.
The trees in bonaventure cemetery are absolutely beautiful too. It's crazy but our who fascination with Savannah started with the movie (Midnight in the garden of good and evil).

islandarb

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Trees are my passion. I travel to climb and look at trees...... Canada, USA and UK. I am at peace in trees. Chainsaws are part of my daily grind but I can just sit in a big tree quite easily with nothing but my presence.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty rooted on the ground, but I had a friend in college who would climb up a big tree aand just hang out for hours.
The bigger the tree the better. I have never outgrown climbing a good tree, just for the pleasure of it.