Country flag

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
4:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice big white pine. Only ones that truly grow to monsters around here and the only trees I kill the saw to hear the SMASH when they land lol. Looks like you got weevil in your area?

my favorite trees to cut
I haven’t seen any signs of weevil on the ones I cut down. I think they just look more sparse this time of year before the new growth starts. Definitely fun seeing them fall.

JugHead27

I'd rather be called gay
Local time
5:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I haven’t seen any signs of weevil on the ones I cut down. I think they just look more sparse this time of year before the new growth starts. Definitely fun seeing them fall.
Pines here get nailed by the weevil, got all kinds of mutant white pines with 5-6 leaders. hate the buggers they make bushes out of the trees. I saw the fork up the trunk and figured lol

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here’s a rather long video of the pines I dropped today in my back yard. Sorry if I bored you but easier than taking 100 photos.

isaaccarlson

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:17 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About 12 years ago I got a 67" maple that was broken by a tornado. The tree lived through the colfax tornado of '58 that leveled the town. I hit a railroad spike that was driven point first all the way to the center. I don't remember how old the tree was, but the distance the spike was driven was nothing short of amazing. The power of a tornado and the crazy things they can do. The spike is still around here somewhere. The tree lasted two years as firewood.