Last one slipped away,,

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Im betting ya get it. Probably stuck in customs,,they took it home for a run,,,
I ordered some stuff from china (not Saw stuff) Nov. hasnt arrived but other stuff ordered later has,, crap shoot.

Nice to have PP to fall back on.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As the saying goes, patience is a virtue....Just when I was about to start thinking that there was going to be a PayPal dispute in my future, yesterday the tracking finally showed that the saw has arrived at Canadian customs (First time it's scanned since leaving Russia a month ago).....Everything just happens slowly out of Russia I suppose. I'm confident I'll have it in another week now. :)

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good news..! Must have been shipped in the hold of a square rigger....LOL
I had parts I shipped over there take 6 weeks through what they called , airmail, must have been a dirigible with a headwind in the hurricane season.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good news..! Must have been shipped in the hold of a square rigger....LOL
I had parts I shipped over there take 6 weeks through what they called , airmail, must have been a dirigible with a headwind in the hurricane season.

Hahaha. ..Yeah makes you wonder. I've shipped saw parts to Russia air mail and found the same thing....I read an interesting article by a lady living in Russia about mail delivery there. If the mail carrier fills their mail bag, they deliver whatever they feel like that day and the rest is left in the bag and more mail piled on the next day. ..Eventually it does get delivered, but only when Igor is feeling especially driven to empty the bag....lol

Considering the saw was a "Free shipping" scenario, I'm not surprised that it was likely stuffed in a container on a ship. Probably the most economical way.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hahaha. ..Yeah makes you wonder. I've shipped saw parts to Russia air mail and found the same thing....I read an interesting article by a lady living in Russia about mail delivery there. If the mail carrier fills their mail bag, they deliver whatever they feel like that day and the rest is left in the bag and more mail piled on the next day. ..Eventually it does get delivered, but only when Igor is feeling especially driven to empty the bag....lol

Considering the saw was a "Free shipping" scenario, I'm not surprised that it was likely stuffed in a container on a ship. Probably the most economical way.

They do ship a good amount by sea container, handling and storage of the containers slow the progress. At our sea terminal here I have seen containers that have been on a ship for more than a month while the ship sails from port to port loading and unloading containers. its not a direct port to port business. Still its a cost effective means of transport so it ok if not in a hurry. Hope your saw arrives safely.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well holy crap! After a rollercoaster of ups and downs, the 6400 finally arrived in the mail yesterday.

The original box with the saw was put in a plastic bag with no other packing, and I have no idea what happened, but the box and contents were completely soaked with water. Amazingly no real major damage to anything other than a couple tiny spots of surface rust on the muffler and bar plate. I'm really not unhappy with the seller other than his packaging left a lot to be desired. Good thing I bought it to use and not as a collector piece.

This is exactly what I plucked the saw out of after cutting open the plastic bag....Poor girl had a rough ride around the world.

20180216_131027.jpg

Happy It's finally here. Gassed it up and it runs like a top. Now if didn't have over 3' of snow i could give it a real try

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Glad you got your saw, but that shipping damage is ridiculous!

I think I can just make out the remnants of a Dolmar box in that mess :eek:

I know it was pretty bad...Amazing that no real serious damage was done. I'm not going to sweat it any further. Got lucky. End of story.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well holy crap! After a rollercoaster of ups and downs, the 6400 finally arrived in the mail yesterday.

The original box with the saw was put in a plastic bag with no other packing, and I have no idea what happened, but the box and contents were completely soaked with water. Amazingly no real major damage to anything other than a couple tiny spots of surface rust on the muffler and bar plate. I'm really not unhappy with the seller other than his packaging left a lot to be desired. Good thing I bought it to use and not as a collector piece.

This is exactly what I plucked the saw out of after cutting open the plastic bag....Poor girl had a rough ride around the world.

View attachment 112658

Happy It's finally here. Gassed it up and it runs like a top. Now if didn't have over 3' of snow i could give it a real try
Just WOW! :eek:
Poor packing and shipping.
I'm glad the saw didn't get damaged.

Not much worse for wear. ...I'm really happy overall even with the hiccups.

Didn't even get pinched with the taxes @bigbadbob . :)

View attachment 112661
Beautiful saw, so shiny! :cool:

I could do with a couple more of these . . .

P.S.:
I'd send the seller a picture of how the package arrived, just to let him know.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not much worse for wear. ...I'm really happy overall even with the hiccups.

Didn't even get pinched with the taxes @bigbadbob . :)

View attachment 112661
Great to hear,, yer gonna like the saw!! No taxes etc ,, nice.
I can believe ur gonna use it,, ya gotta shovel first!! LOL
I just lucked out on some UTV parts $500 USD sent to a Blain Wa, address, had friend going down to get gas,, brought the stuff back no charge at the border, so with that being said the parts come to 1/2 of what they would cost here,,,Polaris!!! GFY!!

nnero

Super OPE Member
Local time
9:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Glad it arrived! That saw has seen more of the world than a lot of people. She went on quite an adventure! Love the red tops btw. Off topic but my Russian watch came in after 4 weeks. There was a tracking blackout of over 2 weeks but she arrived well packaged and ticking away. Automatic with handwind and 200m water resistance.
20180215_101408.jpg 20180215_110958.jpg

Last edited:

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Happy you got your saw,Rob. Got its first bath before it was used, now you must keep it clean, wax it each week and heaven forbid the chain ever touches wood,that would be bad....LOL