Total CAD impulse buy!

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very nice saw Rob. Dolmars/Sachs Dolmars have always been great saws even though they have been underdogs mostly due to not having the deep pockets it takes for advertising and supporting their dealers properly. I ran them commercially from 1985 up to the takeover by Makita, dealers lost all support for a extended time back then so we had to go elsewhere. We have SD saws with thousands of hours on them, they will still do a days work without a hitch. That saw is too pretty to get dirty...LOL

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Little rich for me $681 Canadian,,,and there is shipping, not sure of border/import or taxes etc.

The fact that it was shipping included made me hit the button. It's a good deal on a saw that I doubt I would never own new otherwise....I may get hit with the taxes when it gets here, but I'd pay them on a new 365 if I walked into my dealer as well, so I'll take my chance.

Besides. I tend to be cheap and never treat myself with anything. ...Yesterday I decided "I'm worth it"..lol :)

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
The fact that it was shipping included made me hit the button. It's a good deal on a saw that I doubt I would never own new otherwise....I may get hit with the taxes when it gets here, but I'd pay them on a new 365 if I walked into my dealer as well, so I'll take my chance.

Besides. I tend to be cheap and never treat myself with anything. ...Yesterday I decided "I'm worth it"..lol :)

The border stuff will be interesting. I find Canada post my stuff always just goes thru,,I think fed up ex is the worst.

But hey,, Im still waiting to get a 346,, stupid me just missed one in Victoria,,was a bit more than I wanted to pay,,,now Im now kicking my butt,,,like I need more saws!!!!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
His feedback is good and I had already tested the waters by buying a couple Dolmar parts from him previously....I'm feeling ok about it. :)

I was only looking at his parts stock today though.....I had no intention of buying a saw, but what the heck. :)
No issues purchasing the parts?

I am liking a part the seller has listed, I'm considering to give it a try.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The border stuff will be interesting. I find Canada post my stuff always just goes thru,,I think fed up ex is the worst.

But hey,, Im still waiting to get a 346,, stupid me just missed one in Victoria,,was a bit more than I wanted to pay,,,now Im now kicking my butt,,,like I need more saws!!!!

Lately I've been getting dinged with the tax at the border with Canada post more frequently...I wonder if the free trade riff is affecting that more lately? Fingers crossed I don't pay an extra 12% if and when this saw gets here. ..lol

I would be likely to spend a little too much for a 346 too....I never see them. Just 351's and 353's.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No issues purchasing the parts?

I am liking a part the seller has listed, I'm considering to give it a try.

Nothing I would call a real issue. He isn't fast getting items shipped (like a week almost from purchase date to actually shipping).....I hope the saw gets shipped with some sort of tracking, as the parts didn't.

As long as you're patient, I don't see an issue. Everything was as described and his prices are sure decent. I still need an AV spring for a customers 6400. I only wish he had that as well.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Lately I've been getting dinged with the tax at the border with Canada post more frequently...I wonder if the free trade riff is affecting that more lately? Fingers crossed I don't pay an extra 12% if and when this saw gets here. ..lol

I would be likely to spend a little too much for a 346 too....I never see them. Just 351's and 353's.
Ya never see them here either.
I do have a 350 and a real nice 353 with a few mods,, I figure its pretty close to a 346.
Havent been your way in awhile, I sold my flatdeck and our friend hasnt being buy any rusty cars.
Bob

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing I would call a real issue. He isn't fast getting items shipped (like a week almost from purchase date to actually shipping).....I hope the saw gets shipped with some sort of tracking, as the parts didn't.

As long as you're patient, I don't see an issue. Everything was as described and his prices are sure decent. I still need an AV spring for a customers 6400. I only wish he had that as well.
Unless You need the cylinder AV spring, he has these listed:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOLMAR-Mak...d=273005850336&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DOLMAR-SPR...273005856790?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ya never see them here either.
I do have a 350 and a real nice 353 with a few mods,, I figure its pretty close to a 346.
Havent been your way in awhile, I sold my flatdeck and our friend hasnt being buy any rusty cars.
Bob

353's have always impressed me. My 254 that I ported is just so amazing that I haven't been coveting anything else in the 50cc class. ...And that is really my favorite class of saws these days for the cutting I'm doing. Having said that, I've had a couple trees go down to fir beetle, so I may be logging my place sooner than I wanted to.....That was supposed to be part of my semi-retirement gig. :( ...I'll be packing something a little bigger for that.

GCJenks204

"Special Buns"
Local time
3:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

There is a pretty simple explanation on the Canada Post charging issue. Our "wonderful" federal government decided it needed more for us than it already takes. They issued a decree that any shipment valued over $20 is subject to taxes. To add to it now that Canada Post needs to charge you they also charge you $12.95 for that privilege. So it all depends on the shipper, if he insures it and declares a value you will likely have to pay. If he doesn't it likely won't ever be caught.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Sometimes I surprise myself in my old age. Was snooping Ebay an hour ago and decided to buy a NOS 6400 out of Russia...lol ...Total impulse buy! :yikes:

Old orange top. It's been on the shelf for over a decade. After all these years, I also have to admit this is my first new saw....It feels weird. :)

View attachment 105312
Bump,,

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Like I mentioned. That seller doesn't ship really fast......Just got a shipping confirmation today with a tracking number. Just thought I'd update this for anyone else looking at these. :)
It is snowing here and Im not going outside so,,I though a bump was in order!! Got some stuff from Israel in about 10 days.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Over on this side the PO hits me with taxes on any item declared to be over $45. and boy do they know how to ding us. If the shipper includes the cost of shipping into the total we get dinged for tax on the total amount. Have then to fight with with customs to get a refund, pay up front, fight for a refund, no fun.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
4:54 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was looking at that saw as well. Mostly the unique colours grabbed my attention. I have also bought a few items from the seller and never had any shipping or border issues, and no surprises with the items purchased either.