Total CAD impulse buy!

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sometimes I surprise myself in my old age. Was snooping Ebay an hour ago and decided to buy a NOS 6400 out of Russia...lol ...Total impulse buy! :yikes:

Old orange top. It's been on the shelf for over a decade. After all these years, I also have to admit this is my first new saw....It feels weird. :)

6400 dol.jpg

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow! Seller had good feedback?

His feedback is good and I had already tested the waters by buying a couple Dolmar parts from him previously....I'm feeling ok about it. :)

I was only looking at his parts stock today though.....I had no intention of buying a saw, but what the heck. :)

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
His feedback is good and I had already tested the waters by buying a couple Dolmar parts from him previously....I'm feeling ok about it. :)

I was only looking at his parts stock today though.....I had no intention of buying a saw, but what the heck. :)

Awesome! And it is a great Saw stock, and can really be upgraded!

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
6:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been looking at that saw for some time but have never bought something that would have to go through customs so I shied away. Glad someone bought it

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have been looking at that saw for some time but have never bought something that would have to go through customs so I shied away. Glad someone bought it

I've bought a lot of items from all over the world and it usually works out fine....Russia has a stigma attached and I think it makes a lot of people leary of buying from there, but I'll probably report back when the eagle has landed. :)

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not like you at all,,,,you must be having cabin fever!!
GWS
Ya musta sold the 064 NOS stuff!!

Hahaha. ..How ya doing Bob?

Yeah, maybe it's cabin fever. My CAD usually consists of buckets and boxes of parts.....A new saw???. That's literally unheard of for me....Now gotta see if I've got what it takes to put gas in it and get it dirty. :)

Cut4fun

Redneck Chainsaw Repair
Local time
7:57 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So did you buy all 4 of the 2007 he had listed? Priced right and shipped. :eek::cool:

Just asking. Because talking with folks overseas in the past. I was told they still make the orange red top 6400 etc over there. ?

pic taken from a sells ad abroad and had specs etc.

Dolmar_6400.jpg

Last edited:

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So did you buy all 4 of the 2007 he had listed? Priced right and shipped. :eek::cool:

Just asking. Because talking with folks overseas in the past. I was told they still make the orange red top 6400 etc over there. ?

pic taken from a sells ad abroad and had specs etc.

View attachment 105363

No Kevin, just the one he had left. ( Partly what made made me make the rash decision. Lol).

That's interesting that they still have orange tops across the pond.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rob bought a new saw?

.... from Russia? o_O

Nice going! We need a video here after you get it.

Ted, I had to take a good look at myself in the mirror this morning....Hahaha

Like I said I'll have to see if I've got what it takes to gas it up and get it dirty. :)

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have had a couple small dollys, got some parts from rob,, after reading all the hype here and other sites I had to try a biggie,,and I have a 7900.
Got nothing bad to say about Dolmar saws. the 7900 with a 20 bar and 8 pin is just plain fun.

Rob you cant leave that nice saw in that shop!!! It wont fit in! LOL