The Official Tire Thread

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
12:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve had two vehicles with good year wranglers. The cheaper ones that come through from the dealership. Two tires on my truck blew a huge lump in the center of the tread. Good year made good on those. Second vehicle was my neighbor. They would get holes in them for no reason. Stones etc. Goodyear wouldn’t back them because they blamed the holes on clam shell drive ways. I thought that was pretty lousy considering one of my farm trucks with Chinese tires on it was up there daily Never picked up a flat. That said I think every tire company puts out some crappy ones once in a while. I’ve never ran any of good years higher end tires.

Cracker Boy

Fl cracker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
That's the point of a spare. Hardly used but there when you need it. I can think of a few examples where fix a flat wouldn't have helped. Kinda like carrying a pistol everyday, you may never need to pull it but if you ever do you'll be thanking god you had it.
I agree but tire on her car is also a run flat car as well the car has no where to store a spare on the car. Also the car has on star free roadside assistance for her. Its a caddy. I wadnt a fan at first either not having a spare but what are you gonna do all newer cars are goun that route. Hey look at it as your spare is flat and you have a pump to pump it up. I was at my mechanics shop other day and both vehicles on rack spares were flat.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These fuggers are great in the snow when new. I was running a set this winter that were about half wore out. Turned left in some fresh powder and went straight...locked it in 4wd and backed out but the ol Dodge got a few new scars.

I'm going back to the Grapplers. I've had four sets of them and no major complaints.

Not my pic btw...downloadfile.jpeg

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
These fuggers are great in the snow when new. I was running a set this winter that were about half wore out. Turned left in some fresh powder and went straight...locked it in 4wd and backed out but the ol Dodge got a few new scars.

I'm going back to the Grapplers. I've had four sets of them and no major complaints.

Not my pic btw...View attachment 123239

So all I read was you kind of suck at driving in the snow.

tree monkey

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
one would think that a good women would know how to blow up a tire.

I don't know about those run flats. just don't think it would be as good as a good stiff one.

as far as used one's go, I guess as long as you rotate them and shake the fuk out of them they should work.