p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wow that’s cool. Long bed 2wd? 350’s are cheap and plentiful! To bad you weren’t closer I have a bunch of Chevy junk to help out! Lol
Yep long bed 2wd. Don't tempt me with a road trip lol. There is a complete runner for $1200 local. We'll see after checking a few more things on this one. We should prolly switch to a pm, and no more clogging the McCulloch thread up lol.IMG_20191130_144647.jpg

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
5:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing wrong with an old Chebby. My grandads 74 square body is still running. Dad uses it to haul round bales. He can get two on the long bed. Only one on his short bed 86.
Got started on the Power Mac 6 today. Pulled the carb and sent it to the spa for a few days. Will need to hunt down some square head nuts and keepers for the side cover. Someone jammed big wood screws in there after most of the keepers got lost. Other than that, it has good compression(165) and spark.
1201191524_HDR.jpg
I even have a kit for it. I saved my leftovers after I closed my little shop 20 or so years ago. Wish id had the forethought to buy up a bunch of those kits when they were still readily available and cheap.
1201191524.jpg

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
4:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nothing wrong with an old Chebby. My grandads 74 square body is still running. Dad uses it to haul round bales. He can get two on the long bed. Only one on his short bed 86.
Got started on the Power Mac 6 today. Pulled the carb and sent it to the spa for a few days. Will need to hunt down some square head nuts and keepers for the side cover. Someone jammed big wood screws in there after most of the keepers got lost. Other than that, it has good compression(165) and spark.
View attachment 210540
I even have a kit for it. I saved my leftovers after I closed my little shop 20 or so years ago. Wish id had the forethought to buy up a bunch of those kits when they were still readily available and cheap.
View attachment 210541

I still order those kits through my local dealer.

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sooo, any ideas or handy tips for the fuel tank rubber nipple on the PM6A? This one seems a bit loose. I know its kinda special, so I dont see an easy fix. Not sure, but it was leaking when I tried it a few months ago with the current sloppy screw arrangement.
Going to McMaster-Carr for the nut keepers(maybe wrong terminology there);)
That should help some, but if it still leaks, what can I do?

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang pick me up trucks any more .You can find a bunch of those cowboy limousines with a double cab and a short bed .Good for hauling a set of gulf clubs ,worthless as teats on a boar hog for anything else .Humbug !

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dang pick me up trucks any more .You can find a bunch of those cowboy limousines with a double cab and a short bed .Good for hauling a set of gulf clubs ,worthless as teats on a boar hog for anything else .Humbug !

You seem upset Al? Ever hauled anything with a new worthless 4 door pick up? I agree, had a real hard time fitting my clubs in it.

20171009_161436.jpg

PogoInTheWoods

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You could try some wraps of teflon tape around the line but that fitment design is so weird that you're pretty much relegated to a new line and possibly the filter as well due to the way they fit together inside the tank. That's what I ended up doing with one I rebuilt. Fuel line is 67581 and the filter is 67582. Can be pricey if you can find em. Think I paid $30 for a NOS filter and line

Untitled.jpg

Gizzard

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sooo, any ideas or handy tips for the fuel tank rubber nipple on the PM6A? This one seems a bit loose. I know its kinda special, so I dont see an easy fix. Not sure, but it was leaking when I tried it a few months ago with the current sloppy screw arrangement.
Going to McMaster-Carr for the nut keepers(maybe wrong terminology there);)

One PM6A that I use would leak at nipple hookup to carb. I put a small gas resistant o-ring at back of nipple near tank. When tank/starter assembly is mounted back to saw the o-ring sealed off leak from carb real well and saw ran fine.

Poge has good idea above too.

I went to local dealer last week for a walbro OEM K1-MDC carb kit and from there cheaper distributor they said it would be $21. I went to internet for less than half that for OEM. Hard to get customers to fix old stuff for price of parts. Needless to say, I'm in trouble with wife all the time as I save everything to try and make cost of repairs realistic for customers. She is constantly moving and messing with my piles of used junk. I think @Steve has found me to be a packrat source too.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One PM6A that I use would leak at nipple hookup to carb. I put a small gas resistant o-ring at back of nipple near tank. When tank/starter assembly is mounted back to saw the o-ring sealed off leak from carb real well and saw ran fine.

I went to local dealer last week for a walbro OEM K1-MDC carb kit and from there cheaper distributor they said it would be $21. I went to internet for less than half that for OEM. Hard to get customers to fix old stuff for price of parts. Needless to say, I'm in trouble with wife all the time as I save everything to try and make cost of repairs realistic for customers. She is constantly moving and messing with my piles of used junk. I think @Steve has found me to be a packrat source too.

You are not a packrat Kevin, you're thrifty!!!

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You seem upset Al? Ever hauled anything with a new worthless 4 door pick up? I agree, had a real hard time fitting my clubs in it.

]
Well sir you have a long bed which is different from these short bed things those urban cowboys have around here .Try hauling a piece of plywood on a short bed and let me know how you like it .I kid you not about the only long beds you can find around here are about 20 years old or older with 150 thousand or miles on them .

Dream

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

I keep all of my "treasures" in my detached "shop" or out in a storage building.
She has the house and the "lean to" off the garage that she can police as she sees fit. I keep the garage as I see fit. Ive fixed more than one project for her or gotten something going for her that we would have had to spend money on with my "treasures" I keep around for just such reasons. It helps to justify my escalating case of CAD.
As long as she doesnt find the saws I keep bringing home and stashing inconspicuously.:tiburon::ambulance:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I manage to keep just about everything myself as well .I'm tidy in the house and wish I could be in my shop,garage etc but so far it hasn't worked out .It's never a question if I have something it's rather where the H is it .Good grief I once misplaced a refrigeration vacuum pump and couldn't find it for a few days. How stupid is that

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
2:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep long bed 2wd. Don't tempt me with a road trip lol. There is a complete runner for $1200 local. We'll see after checking a few more things on this one. We should prolly switch to a pm, and no more clogging the McCulloch thread up lol.View attachment 210460

Mike - You could fit a lot of Promac 650s in the back of that truck. Next time you're up this way, I'll fill 'er up.