LOMartin

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Strangely......people send me messages once in awhile telling me about winning some event or placing well at a GTG with one of my saws. But......I'm a terrible operator, so in my hands, there's like a snowballs chance in hell. LOL

I was planning on taking my MMWS 395xp to the GTG. Maybe trying this competition thing with it.

Battle Cross 2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried the square wood thing a few years ago at one of the PA gtgs. Got some quick lessons from Dave on technique and jumped in. I sucked, the chain was just a firewood chain and the tune was probably on the edge of turning the piston to molten metal. But it was fun and I'd do it again as a just for fun thing.
Think the Del 590 would be fun if setup right and the hack behind the wheel got his act together.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
6:36 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Getting closer.

I've been talking to Dave about funding this shindig. In years past we've passed the hat.....raffled off saws....etc.

I sorta hate to start any sort of fundraiser at the moment. There are others on the site that need the help far more than we do right now. I'm thinking we'll just pass the hat this year to help with the wood and the *s-wordters.

Shea ain't bringing his awesome mobile kitchen this year, but we have a stove and fridge in the barn. So if anyone is interested in fixing some breakfast on Saturday, I'll make sure we have the stuff. I'm gonna be laying out a spread for a late lunch sorta thing Saturday. Pulled pork of course. Friday evening we usually take off to Crossville and eat out together. Plan ahead though. If you are arriving early on Friday, you might want to bring sandwich fixings or something for lunch. We are in the middle of nowhere out here, can't just order a pizza. LOL

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Mastermind

is it cool to camp out on your property or this a GTF once it’s dark type thing?

not sure to look for nearby motel or sleep in the car is why I ask.

Some fellers camped in the big barn one year......there's an acre under that roof.

If you want a room, check out the Jordan Motel in Jamestown. There are plenty of rooms in Crossville too.

But.....it is cool to camp if you want Larry. Just be there !!!!

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What time do things get going friday? Is there a competition to beat the roosters out of bed?

Anyway, I'm just trying to figure when I should leave here each morning.

I'm up at daybreak. I'll be around feeding the critters and stuff. Most folks show up about 8 or so.

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Getting closer.

I've been talking to Dave about funding this shindig. In years past we've passed the hat.....raffled off saws....etc.

I sorta hate to start any sort of fundraiser at the moment. There are others on the site that need the help far more than we do right now. I'm thinking we'll just pass the hat this year to help with the wood and the *s-wordters.

Shea ain't bringing his awesome mobile kitchen this year, but we have a stove and fridge in the barn. So if anyone is interested in fixing some breakfast on Saturday, I'll make sure we have the stuff. I'm gonna be laying out a spread for a late lunch sorta thing Saturday. Pulled pork of course. Friday evening we usually take off to Crossville and eat out together. Plan ahead though. If you are arriving early on Friday, you might want to bring sandwich fixings or something for lunch. We are in the middle of nowhere out here, can't just order a pizza. LOL
You prolly could order a few pizzas. Delivery charge might get real stupid.