Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dates Confirmed by Randy: October 11, 12, 13th of 2019

Ms. Glenda and I are going to do it again next year. We would like to move it to the second weekend of October because of the Pumpkin Festival in Allardt being the same weekend. Please tell me asap if that causes anyone a problem. We want you all to be able to attend.

I intend to be more "hands on" with the next build off. So, I'm gonna keep the build off and the GTG thread together. Look for more info on that in the next post.

With any luck....Joey @Stihlbro and Dave @Definitive Dave will be taking care of the cant racing as usual.

I wanna send out a huge THANK YOU to Mr. Awesome AKA @morewood and his wife Karen for cooking a great breakfast Saturday morning, and bringing their fantastic rolling kitchen out this year. What a great piece of equipment !!!!!!! Hopefully they can manage to do that again. It made life much easier on serving food to the masses. Also a big shout out to @Onan18 @dustinwilt68 @drf256 for the catfish supper Saturday night....what a treat.

Glenda and I will be building some picnic style tables that we can move in and out of the big barn for these events. And, we are hoping to have water at the red barn.

So....before we nail down the exact date, I'll want to hear from a few folks to be sure the date change doesn't cause any trouble. If it does, the first weekend in October is where it will be.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The build off this time will be Dolmar/Makita 6400 - 7910 Solo 665 - 681 saws. Rules will be very simple. I will take care of the fuel dump, and refueling, will supply the off the roll chain, and will have an eye on the timing, and the classes. The build off station will be setup away from the cant racing so we will be able to concentrate on what we are doing. Expect some serious competition gentlemen.

We will be making two cuts in a 24 x 24 pine cant. A 28" bar will be used. We will make one cut off of each end. Then two cuts in a 12 x 12 pine cant, with 16" bars. Again, one cut off of each end. You can use any 3/8" rim you want. In Class One, we will spin a loop for your setup. The four cuts will then be averaged, and that will be your "score".

Class One:

Any Dolmar or Makita 6400 - 7910 bottom end of stock stroke length can be used. Top end can be anything that is intended for that chassis. Wanna run a 6400 jug? Cool. Wanna run a BB top end? That's fine too. Chain in this class will be off the roll Stihl RS 3/8 .050 - Fuel will be supplied, non ethanol at 40:1, all saws will be dumped out, and refilled with my fuel, then ran enough to be sure the event fuel is in the carb. You may need to re-tune......I get it. Be prepared though.

Class Two:

Much the same as Class One.....Any Dolmar or Makita 6400 - 7910 bottom end of stock stroke length can be used. Top end can be anything that is intended for that chassis. Standard bore, BB, OEM, or AM. Chain in this class will be the difference. You supply the chain for your saw. As in Class One, fuel will be supplied, non ethanol at 40:1, all saws will be dumped out, and refilled with my fuel.

Class Three:

In this class the Solo bottom ends of stock stroke length are also allowed. So, any Solo 665 - 681, or Dolmar/ Makita 6400 - 7910 or any combination of those saws is allowable. You will run your own chain......but will run my fuel. That means Alky, or Nitro saws are not allowed.

Now......read these rules again. Then, ask any questions you like......and let me know if I made any mistakes.

Edit: Just muffler saws. No pipes.

Edited again to clarify stroke length.

Last edited:

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Next year, next year will be three years inna row; should be able to pick up a bit from this years errors, mistakes and outright f- ups by me. Everyone else needs to realize I am on allof the hooks involved.
Yeah wanna be there more than ever!
Made it to Iowa for overnight. My lower back sent me home early. Prescribed pain management shots, very little trouble in that regard. Was not the prollum this last weekend. 2nd weekend should be easier since a week from now social insecurities wants to know what bank account I want funds sent. May still be helpful next year.
Thanks Randy

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m in, 2nd weekend works much better for me.
Had a blast each trip so far, can’t wait to do it again.

Shameless use of space and opportunity;

I need a build off saw!
Whole saw, builder(s), scrap pile carcass, let me know!!!

As you were.....

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dolmar??? I thought you were going to do something different than like an Asian Stihl!!!

Why not make it a real event and also allow Hybrid Stihls and BB 372s, now that would be some competition!!!