The Cut Report - After the Bench

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whose selling them in husqvarna large , 36" .063 3/8ths ?
Only available in 050 at this time and won’t be back in stock until fall for the premium lights. The Tsumara Husky mount 36” bars are actually a 37” bar. They take 119 drive links instead of the normal 115. The 36” premium lights are really floppy, about like the Oregon RW bars but a lot more durable.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
4:05 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used a Dukes Big Bore kit on this saw from Traverse Creek (aka SawSalvage) and their carb.

The cylinder has a few things machining wise that needed cleaned up, no flat spots machined for the cylinder screws so they would get side loaded. I fixed this with a ground flat drill bit that was the size of the hole through the fins. The squish band had a 0.020" step in it about 1/8" out from the wall, no biggie as I would cut the squish anyway. The plating is well adhered and showed no signs of flaking during the porting process. It has some small pin holes present in the bore which suggests they actually etched the cylinder wall prior to plating like they should and they kept the plating pretty thin so those holes are not filled in. Which is all good things in my opinion as thick plating often flakes easier. Stock transfers where really flat so they didn't need a ton of grinding to make the entrance angles I like.

IMG_5552.JPG

The carb was almost spot on out of the box, a tiny touch of the screws and it ran like this.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now for a lot more serious and something actually new, the 562xp mkII. There's so much newness here I'll surely forget a thing or two, at any rate here's some of the things I noticed while I was in there...
New top cover that actually goes on and off without fiddling with the hand guard and lots of wiggle-jiggling to fit. Just goes right on.
One thing I absolutely did not do, was to get the carburetor and coil numbers, not that would have told me a darn thing, but maybe some of you folks could tell.
The muffler is improved other than it's the same overall shape, the insides are opened up as well as the outlet. The outer ribbed front cover is omitted; however, it seems reinforced on the inside instead.
The first thing noticed about the cylinder is there is no longer a decompression valve. The little chromed cylindrical standoffs on the base bolts have been omitted as well. Heads will be down with the muck and the mire now. Seems like they were trying to save ounces maybe. Port layout was more similar to how a 572 is laid out from my perspective, as I did not use any of my old 562 measurements and started out fresh and it was like I was doing a 572. The transfers upper and lower were improved for flow and aligned for better efficiency.
Then we come to the piston, which we know about from its use in the last of the old xp's. Which didn't seem to bother them.
Underneath all that is a crankshaft seemingly naked without stuffers to wear, all nestled into a case with some improvement by the transfer area.
That should give you a rough idea of the new goings on with the saw, how did it cut? It cut quite well I thought. So much so that I'm entertaining the idea of having one myself one day, probably a G model though.
Here's a look at it with the help of my assistant at the time @bradb123 on the handles.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One area I forgot to report on was the starter/flywheel area. The spark wire is encapsulated in the chassis and not on the air foil any longer as this function is built into the starter. The auto tune/stop wires are neatly encased in plastic molded to fit the bottom of the chassis. So in other words, you shouldn't have to replace the wires if you blow a starter up while it's running, as well as there is no place for any of the wires to vibrate and wear out.
One of the biggest improvements is here also, the air injection and cooling system to keep it cleaner and running cooler.
Speaking of cleaner, there's a lump in the fuel line that contains a magnet to catch metal particles before they reach the carburetor and engine, very innovative.
I looked it up and the carburetor is running autotune version 3.0
There's most likely some more hidden gems to be found in this saw and time will tell if it earned the mk II call out.