The Cut Report - After the Bench

MG2186

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whose selling them in husqvarna large , 36" .063 3/8ths ?
Only available in 050 at this time and won’t be back in stock until fall for the premium lights. The Tsumara Husky mount 36” bars are actually a 37” bar. They take 119 drive links instead of the normal 115. The 36” premium lights are really floppy, about like the Oregon RW bars but a lot more durable.

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used a Dukes Big Bore kit on this saw from Traverse Creek (aka SawSalvage) and their carb.

The cylinder has a few things machining wise that needed cleaned up, no flat spots machined for the cylinder screws so they would get side loaded. I fixed this with a ground flat drill bit that was the size of the hole through the fins. The squish band had a 0.020" step in it about 1/8" out from the wall, no biggie as I would cut the squish anyway. The plating is well adhered and showed no signs of flaking during the porting process. It has some small pin holes present in the bore which suggests they actually etched the cylinder wall prior to plating like they should and they kept the plating pretty thin so those holes are not filled in. Which is all good things in my opinion as thick plating often flakes easier. Stock transfers where really flat so they didn't need a ton of grinding to make the entrance angles I like.

IMG_5552.JPG

The carb was almost spot on out of the box, a tiny touch of the screws and it ran like this.