Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The MS660 is old hat but fun to do as you never know what kind of cylinder you will get. This one had an AM one upon receipt and a replacement was found from @leadfarmer that needed thread repair, done by @srcarr52 to be put back in fine order. Which ended up being what I like to call a one way cylinder, in other words doing the machine work helps out all the ports at the same time. Which is nice to give it the extra vim and vigor for its owner that he/she is seeking. It should buck up some wood in fine order i would say.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
3:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A wee, long little while after I got it back I spent a morning running my 390 against my 064. It was a fair fight with 36" bars being used at 10 paces, and both saws were equipped with standard PNW attire. The 064 won in the weight department, but my Stumpy 390 brought the wow factor. With the bar buried in a stack of cedar logs the 390 was spraying chips like I was cant racing while the 064 just couldn't quite keep up. When all was said and done, the 390 finished off the stack and I was still grinning the last log was bucked.
IMG_5390.jpegIMG_5391.jpeg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a MS360 that's been all gone through with lots of new OEM goodness to bring it back to life, along with a woods port job to make the work more enjoyable. My tachometer was having troubles picking up a signal so I left it rich and let it do its thing, which it seemed to do quite well from my perspective anyways. These always were good firewood saws and with some upgrading, still are.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here's a MS360 that's been all gone through with lots of new OEM goodness to bring it back to life, along with a woods port job to make the work more enjoyable. My tachometer was having troubles picking up a signal so I left it rich and let it do its thing, which it seemed to do quite well from my perspective anyways. These always were good firewood saws and with some upgrading, still are.
Someone put a lot of beans in that saw, wow...

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds awesome Steve!