The "Broken046," and how it got MOFO'd

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've no doubt you're right on all counts. The concern isn't the quality. The concern is what I was billed for.

What exactly were you billed for? And how much did you pay Jason. Maybe you could add that to the first post, for reference.

I just dug through my texts and this is what Jason said at the time about this Saw.
And I quote...
"Stock chamber and piston.
175lb"
"Widened the exhaust and cut 022 off the base
That's it"
"It runs ok.
Good enough for who it's for."
"It was a good cylinder"
"He wanted it mild"

I'm not sure of your terms with Jason, but he did tell me he gave you a bunch of parts for free. Is that true? Or were you billed for them?

How much did you pay for this?

I'm asking because he told me some very specific things and I'd like to know if he lied to my face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've had this issue with Tlandrum before.

You pay for the experience of what makes a saw run well. If it takes only a notch in the sidewall, so be it. That's not for the buyer to question. One model may be 5X the work and the builder charges the same. The work averages itself out.

My issues are the scoring and the work/parts that were sold and never done.

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
"It runs ok.

That pretty much says it all right there. People that say *s-word like that are *f-wording *a-holes in my book. If you are providing a service and being paid, then you do your level best every time - regardless of "who it's for".

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What exactly were you billed for? And how much did you pay Jason. Maybe you could add that to the first post, for reference.

I just dug through my texts and this is what Jason said at the time about this Saw.
And I quote...
175lb"
That's it"
"It runs ok.
"It was a good cylinder"
"He wanted it mild"

I'm not sure of your terms with Jason, but he did tell me he gave you a bunch of parts for free. Is that true? Or were you billed for them?

I'm asking because he told me some very specific things and I'd like to know if he lied to my face.

I just woke up (it's my late day at work), so bear with me. I'll try to answer all questions.

I'll start by saying that a price was established by Jason, which was all-encompassing. I can likewise hit the text log and AS PM log to recollect any small details, but that's the literal description of the work I was charged for. I.E. I was literally told "$250 for a full port job and any parts and labor to get it running.". I also paid another $100 for new OEM bearings and seals. Clearly, the bearings weren't changed, and the seals aren't OEM pieces.

I mentioned the lack of a start assembly. It was thrown into the cost of repairs, not given. I mentioned my ugly melted plastic top cover and grommet, they were again swapped as part of the job. I needed a larger bar and chain. I purchased them from him for $50. The chain was on its last leg, and wasn't sharpened as promised; so I ultimately had to purchase a new one.

I also was given the same story that apparently most get, regarding my bad clutch. I was charged $50 for that. Does it look swapped to you?

This is the short but sweet quote from immediately after the job was "finished," but before he discovered my "bad" clutch:

JMS said:
It's got new bearings and seals,piston and rings, rubber,fuel and impulse line.
Carb is rebuilt.
It was a bad pto side bearing that caused it to seize.

Mild was never anything that I mentioned either. I wanted a very torquey saw which would cut through anything I encountered. I paid for--and requested--a full port job. A saw I'd be proud of and could pass down to my kids in a perfect world.

ETA: In the spirit of full disclosure, the word "mild" was used once. In the first series of PM's on AS, I used the world to describe what I thought I wanted. We discussed it further from there. Just sayin', it WAS used once.

Last edited:

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That pretty much says it all right there. People that say *s-word like that are *frenching *a-holes in my book. If you are providing a service and being paid, then you do your level best every time - regardless of "who it's for".

This quote from Jason pissed me off as well. "For who it's for..."??? The *f-word?

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

And I quote...
175lb"
That's it"
"It runs ok.
"It was a good cylinder"
"He wanted it mild"

When will you stop believing in the constant lies
Like I told you in text you should have a look inside your saw since it doesn't matter what anyone else but Jason said

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
8:36 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We've had this issue with Tlandrum before.

Well, I had this kind of issue with Terry, and it wasn't only because of the ports weren't touched. I bought a ported saw from with 140psi comp and .038 squish. An I paid the full price.

But it's an old story and it's not the place and time to talk about this.

My point is this, sometimes some builders took too much work, or they want to go too fast, and finally, the buyer get a poor ported saw.

I paid the same price for my 1st WWS 562 and my MMWS 562.
I never looked inside Randy's 562, but just by looking at the muffler I can tell you he put a lot more time on this saw.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just woke up (it's my late day at work), so bear with me. I'll try to answer all questions.

I'll start by saying that a price was established by Jason, which was all-encompassing. I can likewise hit the text log and AS PM log to recollect any small details, but that's the literal description of the work I was charged for. I.E. I was literally told "$250 for a full port job and any parts and labor to get it running.". I also paid another $100 for new OEM bearings and seals. Clearly, the bearings weren't changed, and the seals aren't OEM pieces.

I mentioned the lack of a start assembly. It was thrown into the cost of repairs, not given. I mentioned my ugly melted plastic top cover and grommet, they were again swapped as part of the job. I needed a larger bar and chain. I purchased them from him for $50. The chain was on its last leg, and wasn't sharpened as promised; so I ultimately had to purchase a new one.

I also was given the same story that apparently most get, regarding my bad clutch. I was charged $50 for that. Does it look swapped to you?

This is the short but sweet quote from immediately after the job was "finished," but before he discovered my "bad" clutch:

Mild was never anything that I mentioned either. I wanted a very torquey saw which would cut through anything I encountered. I paid for--and requested--a full port job. A saw I'd be proud of and could pass down to my kids in a perfect world.

ETA: In the spirit of full disclosure, the word "mild" was used once. In the first series of PM's on AS, I used the world to describe what I thought I wanted. We discussed it further from there. Just sayin', it WAS used once.

Thank you Greg.

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
When will you stop believing in the constant lies
Like I told you in text you should have a look inside your saw since it doesn't matter what anyone else but Jason said

That's not why I asked Dallas.

dall

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok dan but I know of a lot of clutches he said was bad charged for them and didn't touch a single one
And the new parts never seem to go on a saw he did for newer guys I'd still like to see what is in your saw and see if he bent you over also

paragonbuilder

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok dan but I know of a lot of clutches he said was bad charged for them and didn't touch a single one
And the new parts never seem to go on a saw he did for newer guys I'd still like to see what is in your saw and see if he bent you over also

I will look for you. I need to check that other stuff we talked about anyhow. Only thing he did was port mine as far as I know. [emoji33]

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I spent 8 years or so in the mortgage industry back in the 2000's....the deceit and crockery was legendary. Money was flowing and we all made lots of it...not all the guys were crooks but many were.
When there is free unlimited flow of money, crooks will find it. its what they do.

boy this feels like the mortgage industry all over again.