The "Broken046," and how it got MOFO'd

bryanr2

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I'll save a lot of the gory details for another time, as they've been posted elsewhere plenty. The gist is that I picked up a 046 on a song and found that there were some issues...

The piston was toast, cylinder scored, it was missing the start assembly, and it simply needed gone through. New rubber bits etc.

I solicited bids for a rebuild and port job and I accepted the offer from JMS to build the 046. All seemed well, then a friend @Ryan Browne told me I should check out a thread here regarding a certain 064 which was fubar. I did, and opened my saw to see what I'd find...and it wasn't good.

Thanks to some of you lovely folks @dolmarkid @Ryan Browne @Duane(Pa) @dall @Mastermind @drf256 (I hope I didn't miss anyone...), Al took my saw in for a teardown and rebuild...the right way.

8/20/17: I'd like to add a huge thanks to other folks who joined in big ways to help with this build... @Onan18 , @Definitive Dave , the mysterious powder coater, and a huge huge thanks again to @dall . This guy contributed so much to this saw, I can't thank him enough.

Here's a beauty shot of my saw before I sent her off to him. At least she looked good on the outside!
View attachment 81140

Expect lots of pictures and commentary! I can't wait to see what Al finds inside.

anybody know the part # for the scrench holder on the handle?