Storm Damage in Northeast

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My lights flickered real good twice, and I had to take a long detour to get to my client's house tonight. Downed power lines closed Rte 292. Also, my client did not have power, was running the generator.

When I plowed the driveway with the ATV, the snow was so heavy (wet) it almost would not push it. Need to do it again tomorrow in the AM.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beautiful country up there!
Last snow we just got was about 3 inches of wet HEAVY snow. When I picked up snow on shovel, it almost snapped the head off the handle. Lol
Very heavy wet snow we get. Very rare to get light and fluffy snow.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The previous storm gave us 6" of very heavy stuff, my ATV almost would not move it. The recent storm was 24", not as heavy, but not light either. A lot of power outages around here, made a lot worse by the fact that we sent a lot of our crews to Puerto Rico, so now we have crews from all over the Country and Canada here!

I was lucky, only lost power for about 4 hours, and phone/internet for a day. A real PITA in Tax Season, but a lot better than the folks who have been out for a full week!

I've had a lot of rescheduled appointments and road detours, and done a few who were under generator power.

Like Dan says, it's winter ... deal with it!

Big_6

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The previous storm gave us 6" of very heavy stuff, my ATV almost would not move it. The recent storm was 24", not as heavy, but not light either. A lot of power outages around here, made a lot worse by the fact that we sent a lot of our crews to Puerto Rico, so now we have crews from all over the Country and Canada here!

I was lucky, only lost power for about 4 hours, and phone/internet for a day. A real PITA in Tax Season, but a lot better than the folks who have been out for a full week!

I've had a lot of rescheduled appointments and road detours, and done a few who were under generator power.

Like Dan says, it's winter ... deal with it!
Mustang is an hour North of me.
Our town was littered with trees and downed poles and wires.
I was able to buck up some storm damage and firewood with the 046BBeast.
Spooled up the 24" RSK only to find the tip was locked up.
The generator I bought 2 storms ago got multiple days use.
No need for the use of the Tri Flo propane conversion since gasoline was available.
The line crews were from NYS! ^20180309_101807.jpg20180308_190412.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk