High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

STIHL MS 400

nohoff

professional flusher
Local time
4:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Stihl has a lot of trouble at the moment with the integration of Viking.
They had to revisit nearly every part of their Viking products to remove the Viking signs and put Stihl on it.
This took a lot of manpower that was not available for product improvments or new products.

Evansaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like it will be a great saw, and I'm also wondering what the weight will be. However, since I have both a 261 Ver II and a 462, I'm not sure that I will need one! Those 2 saws make a great combo.

Mike i ve already posted the power and weight months ago.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I read about the magnesium pistons a few places too and I’m still not seeing a benefit myself. Husqvarna was working on one with some casting place and a university also. The piston will be lighter which will slow faster rev but won’t the lighter piston take away torque because less mass. The piston will need to be thicker for equal strength and it dissipates heat 60% slower which I also see as a drawback. I realize the coating is to probably prevent the heat from soaking into the piston as much but it still can’t transfer it away as fast even if it’s absorbing less. Also is this going to be an oem only piston since the aftermarket is going to probably still use aluminum and the cylinder will be designed around the magnesium piston due to different expansion rates and maybe even ring materials.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Do they really need to explain that to the supposedly trained technician working on your saw? If they do people are in trouble, I was more thinking of some new way to change rings being explained.

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rotational mass, and stroke effects torque. A lighter piston will reduce reciprocating mass, which may increase bottom end duribility. I'm also wondering if thermal stability isn't the factor here, as strato piston seem to have some issues with that, do to increase size/weight and temperature fluctuations.