High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's at 300:1 or something who runs that ratio in a saw. I'm sure at 40:1 most oils are more than adequate for a chainsaw.
Some never made it past the 100:1 testing…….There were also some control tests at 40:1 and 50:1, you would be surprised at the oils that didn’t do very well in that round.

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Some never made it past the 100:1 testing…….There were also some control tests at 40:1 and 50:1, you would be surprised at the oils that didn’t do very well in that round.
Who runs 100:1 in a chainsaw not surprised at all some oils failed at this.
As for 40:1 50:1 not surprised as well with some performing poorly at that mix ratio in a chainsaw. Some oils are crap yes but it's not my saws it's being run in so I don't pay much attention to it.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
12:39 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That's at 300:1 or something who runs that ratio in a saw. I'm sure at 40:1 most oils are more than adequate for a chainsaw.
I’ve noticed more differences from using different quality or octane gas. That definitely has a effect. Fresher is always better.

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
11:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As for 40:1 50:1 not surprised as well with some performing poorly at that mix ratio in a chainsaw. Some oils are crap yes but it's not my saws it's being run in so I don't pay much attention to it.
100:1, 200:1, 300:1 wasn’t the actual point of the testing, it just morphed into that. It was actually more along the lines of “Is 40:1, 32:1, 25:1 necessary for a saw?” depending on the oil you use no.

Egg Shooter

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nobody. Thats not the point. That said, any oil that can survive 300:1 for hours vs an oil lasting 7 minutes at 200 has a much better protection reserve in its additive package. It it needed? Most likely not, but Its nice to know the oil you run has a much higher quality anti wear package vs many others. At least many of us feel that way.

Last edited:

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast, 288 collector
GoldMember
Local time
9:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nobody. Thats not the point. That said, any oil that can survive 300:1 for hours vs an oil lasting 7 minutes at 200 has a much better protection reserve in its additive package. It it needed? Most likely not. Its nice to know the oil you run has a much higher quality anti wear package vs many others. At least many of us feel that way.
I agree. But I also want the Most Powa! (And throttle response…seems I remember red armor protects well but maybe hurts response.

@Red97 !:D

rogue60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:39 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nobody. Thats not the point. That said, any oil that can survive 300:1 for hours vs an oil lasting 7 minutes at 200 has a much better protection reserve in its additive package. It it needed? Most likely not, but Its nice to know the oil you run has a much higher quality anti wear package vs many others. At least many of us feel that way.
I get all that some guy's want the best even if it's overkill.
The cheap mineral oil I run in my old work saws at 25:1 performs better than a lot of oils and synthetic oils at whatever ratio from what I've seen.
But I know the oil I use would probably be the 1st to fail at 100:1 300:1 even at 40:1 50:1 I wouldn't be very confident it would pass.
But this wouldn't stop me using it. It's a proven oil at that ratio in my saws long term for thousands of hrs.
A lot of good oils could be passed up just because they failed at extreme ratios but perform perfectly fine at normal ratios or even richter oil ratios.
I generally try staying away from going down the rabbit hole when it comes to oils some guy's lose there chit over oil lol

Last edited:

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil works best running underwater? Local tree service dropped a 572xp into Higgins lake while running. Pulled muffler and piston still has machining marks. He only runs Husqvarna XP+ at 50:1, so it must be the best for running underwater.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What oil works best running underwater? Local tree service dropped a 572xp into Higgins lake while running. Pulled muffler and piston still has machining marks. He only runs Husqvarna XP+ at 50:1, so it must be the best for running underwater.
Those saws are surprisingly tough. I’ve dropped a tree and a log on one of mine. I’m still using it after replacing the handlebar and brake handle a couple times over the years. Even had water get into the fuel once or twice with no ill effects on the saw.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I agree. But I also want the Most Powa! (And throttle response…seems I remember red armor protects well but maybe hurts response.

@Red97 !:D

You’re right, the “Most Powa!” requires serious engineering using the most advanced homemade tools and throwing the manufacturers’ EPA stamped, engineered build plans out the window. :D

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I will probably be running Stihl Ultra for the remainder of my life. I found a guy in Kentucky who had bought out all the Stihl stuff from a local Ace Hardware. I bought all the oil he had, $4 for a 6 pack of 1 gallon bottles, $6 for the 2.5 gallon bottles and $8 for a 6 pack of 5 gallon bottles. I still have a couple of boxes of it left.

Brufab

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Getting ready to pull the trigger on a Remington PL4 any recommendations on oil type? Is echo red armor an acceptable oil to run in a 60 year old saw??? Thanks fellas! Says 1 pint to 2 gal for 16:1 ratio on the saw.