High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long story, but if you want the straight poop a member here did extensive testing to destruction and found amsoil dominator to be the best. Red armor protects well too but may hurt power. Supertech synthetic is probably the best value.

Is there a link to this thread?

I’m interested in reading it.

Orangeinthebarn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Husqvarna XP+ is the cheapest FD rated oil I can get locally and it doesn't stink.
I talked to a logger last year that had lots of issues running xp + . He went to red armor. I’ve been running xp+ and will be switching after talking to him. My first pick would be Schaffer’s but it’s not available here

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Red Makita 50:1 2-stroke oil mixed @ 32:1 to 40:1 in my saws.
Once the saw is warmed up next to no smoke nor smell, no headaches.
I have a box full of it.

I tried a couple other oils, some smoked too much, others stank, the worst gave me day long headaches within minutes of running them.

I can't get most of the oils You guys use,.
I am happy with the Makita oil.

Dieselshawn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The oil thread turned into a poo flinging show and so he took it to private PM…let’s just say 2-300:1 for 9 hours flat out

That really sucks. Back in 2015, when Stihl had 661 available, I did get a logger saw that lasted 3 months from new that had no compression anymore. He said something happened. Blamed Stihl for it. Poor quality saw.

I pulled it apart:EBC779BD-04B3-492A-AD0C-26ACD6A0B944.pngView attachment 306327View attachment 306328A1B1FC65-F032-4F87-9678-CBD011319502.png

I took one look at the piston and right away said to the guy, the problem is the oil they use.

He got huffy and said Baloney. It’s not the oil.

I said ok.

Installed a new piston and put all back together.

After all of his logging brothers got 661’s as well, their saws all suffered the same issues in just a couple months.

I told them once again. “I have been fixing engines for 25 years and this is oil that causing this. Use Stihl oil for now. See what happens.“

Sure enough. No more problems. But they don’t like the smell.

Their oil company changed their recipe to accommodate the 661 saws which is now much better. But I’m not sure how much better.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You don't need 2-stroke or any other oil in Your saws fuel if You kill the engine before friction occurs.

That is how my dad made it to his current age, "You stop whatever You are doing five minutes before You start sweating, that way You don't get tired!"

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I talked to a logger last year that had lots of issues running xp + . He went to red armor. I’ve been running xp+ and will be switching after talking to him. My first pick would be Schaffer’s but it’s not available here

Can you tell me what kind of issues?

Larry B

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Woo hoo oil thread.
I am just a weekend wood warrior so i don't run a saw like a pro logger but i do run 4 different saws and probably 6 different oils. They are all FD rated except 1. They all work. I run red armor mostly because i bought a gallon of it a few years ago but the stens synthetic and semi synthetic the raisman semi synthetic the stihl oils and lawn boy all seem to work just fine. I did burn down a 660 clone with the red armor because my own stupidity of running it too lean while bucking a whole bunch of 24" dried ash on a hot day. I was able to save the MMWS cylinder and it was very clean with almost no carbon. New AM piston and back in business.

Motorka

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This test , where we can see it.? How this different oils work with autotune ?