High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what's the current two stroke oil favorite?

mrxlh

AYFSMRN
Local time
11:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What kind of turtle? Turtle sauce piquant? Or a turtle head poking out?

StihlMagnum440

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:22 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You don't need 2-stroke or any other oil in Your saws fuel if You kill the engine before friction occurs.

That is how my dad made it to his current age, "You stop whatever You are doing five minutes before You start sweating, that way You don't get tired!"
I like that saying...your Dad is a wise man. Now let the eternal oil wars go on. The Lucas I use has already been rated as garbage despite the certification testing it has past. I always spit in my the oil before I mix it in so it is not true Lucas.

Wanab

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use this for OPE

61VPJnJGjmL._AC_SL1000_.jpg

I am not sure what all problem the folks have with it but have been using it for over a decade with no issues. It burns clean with virtually zero deposits. Maybe the folks having issues are fuel related. All I run is non-ethanol.

For bikes I use Spectro Platinum, Injection Bel-Ray. I am an oil snob BTW.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen exactly one failure that I was 100% sure was oil related.

Had a customer use a ported 088 for milling while running Amsoil Saber at 80:1. It melted the big end connecting rod bearing, and locked up. No scoring, no cylinder damage.

Aside from that, I've seen no true oil related failures. Castor oil is dirty in a saw from what I've seen, and some oils make drool from the exhaust. But a proper tune and extended run times could probably clear up most of that.

In other words, use the oil you like.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Over the year's I've Customers have brought me 6 or 7
True oil failures
All had excessive carbon and stuck rings
All from Stihl ultra
I have no idea on age or mix ratio or ethanol free or not
Don't recall any orange bottle issues.

Shane¹

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen exactly one failure that I was 100% sure was oil related.

Had a customer use a ported 088 for milling while running Amsoil Saber at 80:1. It melted the big end connecting rod bearing, and locked up. No scoring, no cylinder damage.

Aside from that, I've seen no true oil related failures. Castor oil is dirty in a saw from what I've seen, and some oils make drool from the exhaust. But a proper tune and extended run times could probably clear up most of that.

In other words, use the oil you like.
Why would the oil cause the big end bearing damage but no scoring or cylinder damage?

slackinoff

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just mixed up some Klotz R50 after work to try at 40:1 and used the saw for a bit. The smell isn't as heavy as caster oil based pre mix which is what I was looking for. I used to run caster based oils in everything, like Blendzall, 925, Benol, ect, but that smell has started to get to me and I don't like it anymore. It actually gets on my nerves. I do like the way race fuel smells, but caster oil to me does not smell racy, it smells like rc cars & airplanes.

This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's the premix that makes exhaust smell racy, it's fuel that has extra oxygenates in it, like VP U4.4.

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why would the oil cause the big end bearing damage but no scoring or cylinder damage?

It looked like the bearing got too dry, and then hot. All downhill at that point. The cage melted, and was oozing out between the rod and the crank.

I thought I might have pictures.....but I can't find them.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:22 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
i took all of the oils that i had that were open and dumped them into one container shook it real good and use that. there is saber and klotz and xp and some other oil i think it was craftsman or something i didnt add the stihl ultra because i hate the smell it gives me a headache mix at 40:1 no issues

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Over the year's I've Customers have brought me 6 or 7
True oil failures
All had excessive carbon and stuck rings
All from Stihl ultra
I have no idea on age or mix ratio or ethanol free or not
Don't recall any orange bottle issues.

Had similar findings but would add a carbon scored death to the stuck rings with Stihl Ultra.

Jeffbecky1

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Long story, but if you want the straight poop a member here did extensive testing to destruction and found amsoil dominator to be the best. Red armor protects well too but may hurt power. Supertech synthetic is probably the best value.
Does anyone have the test results?