So what did you do today?

LandFakers

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cut down this dead standing oak, left the stump high because I’m going to use it to help hold up another wood rack I’m going to build. It has been dropping its branches 1 by 1 and tired of cleaning up after it. Some of it can get split, some of it is just too soggy and punkyIMG_8843.jpegIMG_8844.jpeg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Walk with the pup, nap with the pup.
Then while watching a movie clean slated my laptop with a fresh windows install.
Some settings still to go through in order to turn off any and all annoying notifications, but there is no rush as it is not my primary PC.

No chainsaw time today at all!

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pretty good x-country skiing out my way. A lot of blowdown in our hemlocks.

View attachment 404039
Our summer storms wreaked havock in my region!
Crazy amount of trees on the ground, untouchable for the common folk - illegal to process without a permit.

A big ice storm would level most remaining trees, so for the sake of nature I hope we won't get any surprise winter storms.

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
3:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
2-3ft of snow in the Lake Saimaa area here in Finland.
Snowblower needs an oil change soon. Those Loncin 212cc engines just are the most reliable engines I've ever seen.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last edited:

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got my latest one. Husqvarna 51 from 1998. Got to look tomorrow if closed port or not. Very revvy compared to 340.
This class is considered a real chainsaw here, not a "small chainsaw".
We just do not have huge trees like you guys and gals in US

BuffaloBill

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
OK, this wasn’t today but I wanted something to report darn it….. I made this motorized rotating light bar for the pickup. Just a length of 2 1/4” exhaust tubing to replace the factory Ram Bar’s rear upper tube. The timing belt, pulleys, and motor were an eBay find. I used a spherical bearing at each end so wiring could run down the center. I finished it a few months ago but have yet to take a pic of it with the lights mounted. A relay board with current sense automatically opens the circuit when the motor stalls against the end stops. The lights rotate about 270 degrees from the “deployed” position, tucking them underneath the bar when not in use.
IMG_2124.jpegimage.jpegIMG_2162.jpegIMG_2159.jpeg
IMG_2146.jpeg

Hulpio

DIY addict
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just got my latest one. Husqvarna 51 from 1998. Got to look tomorrow if closed port or not. Very revvy compared to 340.
This class is considered a real chainsaw here, not a "small chainsaw".
We just do not have huge trees like you guys and gals in US
And now I have chainsaw with reasonable wide operating rpm range. (it was open port 😁). Used tig wire as a probe and could not feel "hole-wall-hole" - phenomenon. Some funny thoughts while writing...🤫🤭

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I both envy & pity You!

I had like 1-2" of snow so far.
However much I crave snow for the winter feel, I am much more grateful not having to shovel any.
I here you, I feel the same way. I enjoy the snow instead of the brown all winter, but the single digit temps we've been having not so much. If my fingers didn't get cold so quick, it wouldn't really be a big deal.
Now we've warmed back up into the 20s, little more snow on top of what was in those pics, and more on the way today.
I like your man lift. The snow…not so much.
My buddy was insistent that I needed a lift for $360 a day (after his big discount lol), plus wasting 2 hrs getting it. I just couldn't see doing that, but it would have been easier for the installation portion, but more time as I was cutting and installing.
I'll need to do something to get me up for the inside as I want to do the ceiling and the lean-to walls with osb and insulate them. I also plan on drywall on a 12x24 section that will all have 2x6 walls added and another r-19 of insulation. That area will be a little saw shop that's conditioned yr round.
Lots more to do/money to spend.