High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what did you do today?

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Today i gots me some meat for the freezer.
9ceaeaa0042e7a253664cccb8b44a55d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Love it..!

Been so busy with work, & other crap, haven't spent much time going to nature's butcher shop yet. Hoping to get my day job clients taken care of in the couple weeks, then take a couple weeks for myself. Just so happens to line up with rifle season perfectly..... weird. :D

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cross bow season here now, went out this afternoon but it was a blank.

Also got my Browning reproduction of the Winchester 95 back today with a William's peep sight installed. Now I have to sight it in before the gun season starts.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up my Browning / Winchester 95 last night with the Williams peep sight installed, so I went to the range today and set a couple of targets at 100 yds to sight it in. To say that I am pleased would be a gross understatement!

For an open sight lever gun with virgin brass … I'm stoked! First two sight in shots were high and to the left, but only 5/8" apart. Then I moved the sights and shot a 3 shot group, all in my circle 1+11/16". Afterward, I moved the sight for 1" to the left and it should be good!

Now it just needs a set of sling swivels and I'll have a great hunting gun! (This thing was in my gun cabinet for 35 years w/o being shot)!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20191105_145704377_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20191105_145704377_HDR.jpg
    175.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20191105_145718010.jpg
    IMG_20191105_145718010.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 24

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Had to work my day job today.... :cool:

Got all the membrane brought up with a crane...

enhance

Got all the ISO installed, & ready to roll. Not bad for 2 of us, & a laborer (5000 sq ft)....

enhance

Tomorrow should be fun..... :D Oh, & we did talk about chainsaws for a little while today ;)

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I picked up my Browning / Winchester 95 last night with the Williams peep sight installed, so I went to the range today and set a couple of targets at 100 yds to sight it in. To say that I am pleased would be a gross understatement!

For an open sight lever gun with virgin brass … I'm stoked! First two sight in shots were high and to the left, but only 5/8" apart. Then I moved the sights and shot a 3 shot group, all in my circle 1+11/16". Afterward, I moved the sight for 1" to the left and it should be good!

Now it just needs a set of sling swivels and I'll have a great hunting gun! (This thing was in my gun cabinet for 35 years w/o being shot)!!!
So whats the history behind the gun. 35 years and never shot it. Was it your dads or something.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had to work my day job today.... :cool:

Got all the membrane brought up with a crane...

enhance

Got all the ISO installed, & ready to roll. Not bad for 2 of us, & a laborer (5000 sq ft)....

enhance

Tomorrow should be fun..... :D Oh, & we did talk about chainsaws for a little while today ;)
Flat roofer? I did that years ago oit of high school. Was good hard work. $hity pay.

Viper21

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Flat roofer? I did that years ago oit of high school. Was good hard work. $hity pay.

Been a Roofing Contractor for 27 yrs. I do em all. Well... these days, I'm a little more selective of the projects I take on but, pretty much stick to shingles, & metal on steep roofs, & just membrane on flat roofs. I've done about every system over the years, & do repair work on most systems.

I do other stuff as well but, that is my bread & butter. It's what I'm known for, so to speak. Definitely hard work, & getting harder...lol. Got some hard miles on. I can't complain about the pay. :cool: Though, it did take a long time to get where I'm at.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So whats the history behind the gun. 35 years and never shot it. Was it your dads or something.

My Uncle, who taught me to hunt used an original Model 95 in 30-40 Krag. I bought this one a long time ago just to collect it. I wanted to put the peep sight on my Model 71 (348) Winchester, but the guy refused to drill the holes in that gun. The same sight also fits the Model 95, so I asked if he would mount it on the Browning repro of the 95. He said he would and now it is done.

In hindsight, I'm kinda glad it went this way, the gun shoots real nice! Although I really like my 348, this one seems to hold a little better, and the trigger is definitely better.

I've been using scoped rifles for decades, but wanted to return to an open sight rifle and knew the only way I could was with a peep sight. Glasses help, but the eyes are just not what they once were.

Last edited:

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried to run the mower over the yard today to pick up the leaves before the snow came...I didn't quite get done. I don't remember a year when it started snowing in earnest before all of the leaves were down. Last year we didn't have snow on the ground until a few days before Christmas. There are still a lot of leaves to come down.

Mark

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cold weather seems to have set in here in Southern Indiana, at least for a while so I didn't do much of anything. I broke the PTO clutch on my Cub Cadet while grinding up some leaves and needed to fix it but will wait for warmer weather. I haven't brought any wood in for the winter either, guess I spent too much time tinkering with saws...

DuratecMan10

GFY! I'll never be straight !!!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It's Friday, woot. Cutting grass and leaf clean-up today.

Tonight I'm sharpening my mower blade and coating the deck in Fluid Film.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk