So what did you do today?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
2:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I try like heck to avoid taking any medications, as just about everything has some bad side effects.

Most of the time, I'd rather just suffer the pain. Trouble is, everyone wants a pill to cure them immediately!

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Small note Regarding body joint pains. A couple weeks ago, I was in the Orthopedic clinic for hip & leg pain.
And I say: Hey doc, can we try the Methylprednisolone dose pack, instead of injections. The shots just seem to quit working after a couple days now.
The dose packs have always worked pretty well.
The DR tells me the Methylpred stuff has been recalled and the so the injections aren't the same stuff now (just plain Prednisone now).
Me: well how about the Methylprednisolone oral dose packs?
Clinic staffer: Can't get those either.

A week later, I'm in the drug store and catch a slow moment to ask the Pharmacist what they know of the recall/shortage? and when they might be back on the market.
Pharmacist just makes a funny face and steps into the racks then steps back out.
......Holding a large handfull of the Methylprednisolone dose packs.
Shrugs and says "we've got bunches of them"

Web search says the Methylprednisolone was found to be contaminated and pulled, back in March of 2018.
This coincides with the time when the injections seemed to lose their efficacy.

I've repeatedly asked these people for the names of what they inject me with.
and Get a non-answer every time.
Now I find out they dropped to a lower effect medicine and couldn't be arsed to inform me?

Yep, it's a CMC/Atrium facility.
If i’m getting injected with something i want to know WTF it is. If I don’t it ain’t going in. You guys might run away with this here comment but I'm sticking to my word:thumbup:

Leerod83

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Small note Regarding body joint pains. A couple weeks ago, I was in the Orthopedic clinic for hip & leg pain.
And I say: Hey doc, can we try the Methylprednisolone dose pack, instead of injections. The shots just seem to quit working after a couple days now.
The dose packs have always worked pretty well.
The DR tells me the Methylpred stuff has been recalled and the so the injections aren't the same stuff now (just plain Prednisone now).
Me: well how about the Methylprednisolone oral dose packs?
Clinic staffer: Can't get those either.

A week later, I'm in the drug store and catch a slow moment to ask the Pharmacist what they know of the recall/shortage? and when they might be back on the market.
Pharmacist just makes a funny face and steps into the racks then steps back out.
......Holding a large handfull of the Methylprednisolone dose packs.
Shrugs and says "we've got bunches of them"

Web search says the Methylprednisolone was found to be contaminated and pulled, back in March of 2018.
This coincides with the time when the injections seemed to lose their efficacy.

I've repeatedly asked these people for the names of what they inject me with.
and Get a non-answer every time.
Now I find out they dropped to a lower effect medicine and couldn't be arsed to inform me?

Yep, it's a CMC/Atrium facility.
A few days ago I was reading an article on steroid injections( I've had several in my back) and now surprise surprise they think they may make joints worse. Mostly in the knee and hip that they can actually speed up the deteriorating. So be careful with them.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My bil, 84, just died from a type of meningitis that mostly occurs in people after they receive a spinal steroid injection. He had his injection 3 weeks before he died.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday I took this tree from this:
To this:
11d9da28065fb9f9cb8c8dae851980d0.jpg
de2e1848c48f3cc19455ecf968f24747.jpg
5503134efa8686f404fc45561afea982.jpg

legdelimber

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If i’m getting injected with something i want to know WTF it is. If I don’t it ain’t going in. You guys might run away with this here comment but I'm sticking to my word:thumbup:
I had that outlook for most of my life. The last few years of having joints that feel a lot like a broken bone sorta gets a feller in the mood to just say go ahead and poke something in there to stop the pain.
The Atrium crowd has a near functional monopoly in the region (the southeast) so it's gotten tough to get to better office.
Tough for a Doctor to keep an independent clinic when one or two big outfits control admitting privileges for nearly everywhere.
But I've pulled things a bit off of the intent of the thread, So I'll try to quitmabitchin in it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
1:06 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put a new roof on our old hunting cabin over the WE with relatives, delivering wood regularly now, and replaced the bolt on the splitter that connects the piston to the splitting head. It is 5 years old and has split about 100 cord, so I won't complain! Still starts easy and runs like a champ! It is only rated at 22 ton, but it goes through anything wood that I put in there, including large, tough Y s.
Better a bolt and some more expensive

No license plate on that old truck
Around here if you register them for 18m you won't need a tag out back.

My bil, 84, just died from a type of meningitis that mostly occurs in people after they receive a spinal steroid injection. He had his injection 3 weeks before he died.
Sorry to hear this and man I'd be looking in to that place, reminds me of that dirty compounding pharmaceutical company 10 years ago or so that was cutting corners that killed a bunch of people.

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good observation.
Yes, I used that ladder. Only made a few cuts with it. I used a poke pruner with a saw while standing on garage roof for most the cuts...lol
I have zero experience climbing, plus I weigh too much...