So what did you do today?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
8:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went back out and worked on the pioneer 600. It has bad fuel line. Fell apart when i touched it lol. Still have some gue crap in in tank. Scraped off what i could. Got to figure something out to get the rest out and put back togeather.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

hoskvarna

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Went back out and worked on the pioneer 600. It has bad fuel line. Fell apart when i touched it lol. Still have some gue crap in in tank. Scraped off what i could. Got to figure something out to get the rest out and put back togeather.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Try some mineral spirits and small rocks and shake vigorously

Sent from Hoskey Hills

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Working on replacing the lower sections of siding. What I got isn't an exact match, the color is correct, but is about an inch shorter than what's on the house. Oh well, it should last another 5-10 years I guess. I also found a small area that wasn't wrapped, I had to replace the wood sheeting there. This may take longer than I wanted.

KIMG1072.JPG KIMG1073.JPG

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Made a new throttle rod for the Oliver crawler which I think wraps it up .I've went through that thing stem to stern in the last several months and repaired everything I could find that needed attention .I saved this little war horse from the scrappers over 35 years ago and at my age with some luck I may never need to fool with it again .It isn't something most people would need but it certainly comes in handy at times for the things I do .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today it's off to Menards to fetch a metal framed car port .Lady fair has a GMC Envoy that most likely is one of a few that looks brand new .It would be a shame to let the elements over time to turn it into a rusty pile of junk . Besides that these things are portable and after I get a new building erected I can use it for something else like parking the tractor and Jeep under it or storing firewood .For about a grand you couldn't even get a new paint job on her vehicle for that .Money well spent .

Bilge Rat

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Rebuilt the chain drive transmission in a Snapper riding mower.
Other than all the grease it was easy.
Snappers are tanks.
If i could get to my Stihl dealer for parts i could put springs in my 361 clutch. Work gets in the way everytime.

homeheater

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
20191012_155706.jpg Oh Woodchuck Timberjack where have you been all my life. Was skeptical, but decided to buy one anyway. So much of my wood is dead ash lying on the ground. So easy to use and the next run will be the 6th tank on one of my saws and it has no need to be touched with the file. I am a believer.View attachment 203001

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for you guys.

I have had some elbow pain recently, I would assume from starting saws. I think my 090 did me in. I can still use it and it doesn't get worse and not using it doesn't make it get any better.

I have a scheduled doctor's appointment next month and I will bring it up then when I see him.

Has anyone else had pain in their elbow like this?

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
5:47 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for you guys.

I have had some elbow pain recently, I would assume from starting saws. I think my 090 did me in. I can still use it and it doesn't get worse and not using it doesn't make it get any better.

I have a scheduled doctor's appointment next month and I will bring it up then when I see him.

A lot of the old-time fallers would get wrist and elbow pain, but it was related as much to the vibration of the old saws as it was to repetitive motion.

If you're a coffee guy, try cutting back on the caffeine intake - caffeine and tannic acid can exacerbate joint problems.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have elbow joint pain in my left arm, most likely from splitting very knotty beech rounds.
I am a lefty.
Should have noodled them!

I never noticed how much energy from the impact force goes through the ax handle back into the body, all through the joints.
Now that my elbow joint hurts I can feel every swing.
I also feel the force generated starting my saws now, it is a little worrying.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to split all my wood by hand, but several years ago, after splitting about 15 cord in a season, I got tendonitis in my elbows so badly that I had great difficulty starting saws. I often had to start them left handed, etc.

So I purchased a hydro splitter which is now 5 years old and splits about 20 cord a year. Giving my arms a rest, followed by some exercises (including hand movement exercises) to help them recover worked for me.

IMO, any repetitive movement can give you problems., even if it does not seem difficult.

Years earlier I had a less serious problem during tax season from putting my computer bag in and out of the back seat of my Mustang, sometimes more than a dozen times a day. The bag is not that heavy, but includes my 17" screen computer, a large tax book and some other items. The problem is the repetitive movement involved reaching and twisting my arm (unnaturally) to get the computer to flop right in the back seat.

I had to slow down and simplify the motion that was giving me some minor chronic pain. I now always put my other hand on the roof of my car to take stress off of my body.

Common sense, and listening to your body, is always the best advice. If you do enough stuff, sooner or later something will bother you.

Teemore

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:47 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Question for you guys.

Sounds like tendonitis as mentioned in some of the other replies.... had it/have it in both elbows. It flared up through a combination of uncapping a couple of tons of honey by hand, running older power tools and in particular, starting a "hobby" Jonsereds 80..... A couple of visits to a physiotherapist and advice on various exercises have helped more than anything. At one point last year I could not lift or carry an empty mug in my left hand....

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am guilty of coffee and caffeine consumption. I will try to take care of whatever problem this is. I'm sure I have an elevated acidity level. But, leaving everything on the table, I'll work this at all angles.

Thank you everyone for your input.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
After giving my elbows some time to rest, I started by just fully opening and closing my hands several times a day. I only mention it as I think the importance of simple stretching + or range of motion exercises is often overlooked.

Best of luck with your recovery.

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Question for you guys.

Not since I got rid of my 044....

a. palmer jr.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today it was off to the Covered Bridge festival with the wife. Having a few health problems lately it was really a chore walking up and down the hills. After it was all over it felt like I'd played in an NFL game but we found what we wanted, saw a few sights, and we were both glad to get back home. Tomorrow I'll get back to rebuilding chainsaws...