High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So what did you do today?

Sty57

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
1:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He was obviously a brilliant guy and way ahead of his time. Was watching the video of him by his son and there is some real interesting stuff there … Indy Racing, Drag Racing, Bonneville Salt Flats, etc.

Indy changed the rules to thwart his brilliance!
There were so many of them guys around at that time. They were all pushing the envelope and the sanctioning bodies would make up rule to combat them.

Just look at what Edelbrock, Pink, Yunick, Arias, Donovan, Offenhauser, Hilborn and many more did for motor sports over the years. They were the guys designing and creating all the cool stuff to come.

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That carb is bigger than the cylinder!!! :cool:

Sleeper? :)

It's got a small bore, it looks like it has a lot going on, LOL. It's an old carb, I'm working on it right now. I can get the fuel pressure where I want it, then 30 seconds later it's back up at 21 psi again. I need to order a new needle and seat I guess.....and a new fulcrum. I've bent this one back and forth so many times it's compromised.

It's going back in the garage.....to get more sleep.15646066155841777152040.jpg

Billy Currie

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just finished a training class today on repairing composites. I had to complete several projects, but the one pictured was the hardest. I had to layup this sheet, 6 layers of "unidirectional" carbon. The material looks kind of like a graphite fishing rod on the roll.

I had to simulate a repair cutting down 6 layers, one layer at a time. To the left is where I was allowed to practice, the first attempt at the repair was cutting the 6 inch circle in the first layer, then 5 inch into the second, and so on until I cut the final layer at 2 inches. As you can see I got progressively better as I worked on it down to the 2 inch diameter. On the upper half of the repair area, it looked like a rogue string of carbon fiber got imbedded between the plies.KIMG0855.JPG

We were only allowed to use a 90 degree die-grinder with 2" disk sanders. They cut a lot of material really fast and several people punched right threw their carbon panels. Eye balling it, I think the total thickness of these panels is 0.050".

It was kinda fun after you got the hang of it.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It was a lightning strike from a few days before. We're supposed to get more Thursday which isnt good as dry as it is here.

It took that long to start burning?

Or did I miss something?

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A lightning strike can smolder for days. They usually burn out but we had wind that day to bring it to life.

Lame.

Is it contained?

Or is it even newsworthy?

rattler

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looking good Dale.