I dont do nothing ............... as always

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
9:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes, and other paperwork, microfilm, candy, forms. Whatever they wanted moved around.
Used to be able to set your watch by the Pittsburgh /Cleveland check run. Low,slow and right around 2220 hrs.

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of my first flying jobs was hauling cancelled checks to OKC

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm not sure they even move checks by airplane anymore. It's probably all done electronically now... I was doing it back in the mid 90's

Duane(Pa)

It's the chain...
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you are right. Still hear the lab sample haulers late at night.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Disassembled a Stihl 011AV today. It's going on eBay as parts. Didn't feel like fixing it... Also went to an estate sale and picked up some tools (wrenches, a few sockets, and a USA made bench grinder, etc). Took Groundi for lunch and am just vegging now after a very hectic week.

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
8:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Disassembled a Stihl 011AV today. It's going on eBay as parts. Didn't feel like fixing it... Also went to an estate sale and picked up some tools (wrenches, a few sockets, and a USA made bench grinder, etc). Took Groundi for lunch and am just vegging now after a very hectic week.
Things will improve. We cannot stay down in the dumps much longer. Our nation is too powerful for all of these doldrums to continue. The Chinese call this the year of the monkey. We have to live with it and hope for the best.

BTW, the Stihl 011AV is a bear to work on. I have some 011AV parts in a box. Occasionally they work for other saws.

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Helped my sister and brother in law move.... They build a new house about 50' from there old one. It was a long day...

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Things will improve. We cannot stay down in the dumps much longer. Our nation is too powerful for all of these doldrums to continue. The Chinese call this the year of the monkey. We have to live with it and hope for the best.

BTW, the Stihl 011AV is a bear to work on. I have some 011AV parts in a box. Occasionally they work for other saws.

The problem with this one is that it was owned by a tree service and really thrashed. It had a deep groove worn into the saw from the pull rope so must have been started countless times. I figure it was either used as a climbing saw or one they used by the chipper. It was missing the carb but would run with mix poured into the intake. So at least I was able to confirm the integrity of the engine, ignition, and recoil.

I'll eBay whatever parts I can and put the rest in the pile. I've had an 009L in the past and liked it quite a bit and I suspect this would have been like that one, just not good enough shape to fix up...

Jughead

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
set around the house all day.napped once.rubbed the dogs belly.shoveled snow.watched snow melt.beatin my head against the wall now.oh boy! look flooding and 70mph winds.
damn! i need a beer.:BangHead:

Rains

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Watched the boys fill the wood bin, about a full cord while holding a beer !! looking at my chainsaws and splitter, it was a beautiful site. Than it it me when these boys move out I'm screwed, than I needed another beer !!

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Worked on two chain saws but had to make sure my house didn't burn down. Transformer that controls outside low-voltage lights overheated and burned up, likely due to a low-voltage short. The 15-amp main circuit breaker tripped and saved the building after the GFCI failed. I think that's called Murphy's Law. Never a dull moment.