So what did you do today?

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fed the cows,bought a few groceries,pissed with the 262 a(very) little.

Canadian farm boy

“Normal” people scare me.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dresses the bars and sharpened the chains on 4 old saws.
Got a Homelite xl76 running, got a craftsman 2.0 running.
Figured out that the pair of homelite super minis I have under my bench both need carb kits.

It was a fairly productive day.

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Wife and I own a house in a nearby town, which we now call the "shop" because we're fixing it up for that purpose. We had it rented out a couple of times and it's full of other people's crap, plus stuff we've been storing over there until we had the energy to deal with it all. Today, we started hauling stuff to the landfill. Two pickup trucks, and two trailers (a 4'x8' and a 8'x12') and we made two trips to the dump. Barely made a dent in the work it will take just to get the useless crap hauled away, but there's room to stand around and complain, now.
:eaea:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wife and I own a house in a nearby town, which we now call the "shop" because we're fixing it up for that purpose. We had it rented out a couple of times and it's full of other people's crap, plus stuff we've been storing over there until we had the energy to deal with it all. Today, we started hauling stuff to the landfill. Two pickup trucks, and two trailers (a 4'x8' and a 8'x12') and we made two trips to the dump. Barely made a dent in the work it will take just to get the useless crap hauled away, but there's room to stand around and complain, now.
:eaea:
It may be to your advantage to get a 30 yard dumpster dropped there to load up. They can hold a lot. If you're time has value, check it out.

bigbadbob

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
2:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Dissected a GX390.
Looked a small travel trailers so I dont have to sleep on the saw shop floor or tent at GTG.s
BBB

JeffGu

Known Troublemaker
Local time
4:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
get a 30 yard dumpster

No, the rolloff guys have to dump at a site that's outside a city 30 miles away... and they have to pay like $12 a ton or so... we can dump to our heart's content at the transfer station here, for free. Well, it's like an $11 fee tacked on to the water/sewer bill... but they don't care if I dump 10 pounds or 10 tons, as long as the compactor can shove it into the giant rolloff they use to move it to David City site.

I priced 20 and 30 yard rolloffs, and it just didn't make sense for us, since we have the equipment to haul it off ourselves. But, thanks for bringing it up, it's good advice most places on the planet!

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Groundi and I looked at a property today that has tons of debris scattered around the 3 acre lot. Apparently the guy was a siding contractor as there's bits of siding, fanfold, j channel, etc all over the place. And the back of the house is sided in multiple colors, lol.
A dumpster may be a needed for that property if we wind up with it. Haven't seen the inside yet so not ready to make offers on this potential rental.
Of course fire is always a viable option. (shhh!)

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today other than listing a few chainsaw parts on eBay, I spent the entire day looking at parts manuals and sorting through parts and hardware trying to get the necessary items together for a project in Brazil. It was a really pleasant afternoon and I hated being stuck inside...

Guido Salvage

Supreme saw hoeder
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Drove to the Louisville airport and picked up my daughter who was stranded for 16 hours in the Charlotte airport. Dropped off the Solo 651 at UPS on the way home (probably should have left it in Louisville as that is where their hub is). Worked before and after, had a good dinner of salad, meatloaf, mashed potatoes, corn and broccoli.

Mag Craft

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a part time job doing all their 2 cycle equipment work. So I did a Husky cutoff saw, Homelite weed eater, two Stihs a MS 361 and 290, A old Homelite 330 chainsaw and a Poulan wild thing and another small Poulan timber master. All in 3 1/2 hours. I was on a roll today.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today other than listing a few chainsaw parts on eBay, I spent the entire day looking at parts manuals and sorting through parts and hardware trying to get the necessary items together for a project in Brazil. It was a really pleasant afternoon and I hated being stuck inside...

Project in Brazil? You gotta plane to repair there? Sounds fascinating.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yesterday, cleaned some saw parts, tested and tuned a fresh rebuild. Some more to do tomorrow. All tied up and looking at the train coming down the tracks :eyepop::yikes:

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Project in Brazil? You gotta plane to repair there? Sounds fascinating.
We have a plane that has been on floats down there since it was new. (1968). So we need to put it on wheels now as it will be moving about 1500 miles east in Brazil. The challenge is that everything that had anything to do with landing gear is long gone and we have to reinstall everything. The installation is probably going to be less time consuming than the days/weeks I've spent figuring out every nut/bolt/washer/fitting/line/bushing/spring/bearing/etc etc etc that is needed. We have to acquire all this and bring it with us when we head down in March... If there's something we need and don't have, we're stalled. This plane is in a remote part of the Amazon and there's no source of aircraft parts (or anything else as far as that goes...)