So what did you do today?

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
11:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
In NYC they pulled up the old Cobblestones, and some guy bought them and built a Castle with them. Unfortunately, it is falling down, but it is currently a State site (Bannerman's Island), in the Hudson near Cold Spring.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cookies are great for starting fires you just have to tell yourself that. The thinner the better.
I've burned a ton of them in my workshop woodstove. They're a pain to store/keep dry though. I put them in 55 gallon drums and put a cover on the drum. I use them because I have them but it's a lousy type of firewood in my opinion. I've also shot them through the whisper chipper in the past. Just frisbee toss them into the thing.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've burned a ton of them in my workshop woodstove. They're a pain to store/keep dry though. I put them in 55 gallon drums and put a cover on the drum. I use them because I have them but it's a lousy type of firewood in my opinion. I've also shot them through the whisper chipper in the past. Just frisbee toss them into the thing.
I burn them outside for campfires, they dry out quick sitting out there in the sun.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today I fixed a couple saws I've had for a long time awaiting repair. One of them is a Stihl 036Pro that I intended to be part of my line up. The oiler didn't work despite claims by the seller that it was in fully operable condition (I paid a lot for this saw)
So today I replaced the melted oil line just 53 months to the day after I bought it. And the thing started right up, idled and seems fine. Haven't put it in wood yet though.

fearofpavement

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Last night my sister sent a text requesting that I mow her pasture asap as the guy who usually does it can't and her horse is suffering some kind of fungus from being in the too tall grass. (be easier to get rid of the horse but...)
Anyway, I've had a flat tire on the tractor for about a year due to a bent rim. I had the tire/wheel in the shop for about 6 months but hadn't gotten to it yet... This morning I went out and got that beat back into shape. When I went to put the tire back on, I didn't get it jacked up until I tried the third hydraulic bottle jack. I pitched the first two, tired of messing with junk. Now I just need to finish putting the tin parts on it that my nephew removed when he borrowed the wiring harness. Oh, and then I have to fix the flatbed trailer's brakes before I can transport it... sequences, sequences.

USMC615

Fapper Fi
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Today...another hot ass C-17 grind on the flightline. And I get to repeat the same tomorrow. Ain't life f'n grand...I guess it beats the alternative!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
10:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tractor is running, mower hooked up. Now on to the trailer issues. (loaned it out and it came back screwed up...)

That always amazes me how that happens.

Today...another hot ass C-17 grind on the flightline. And I get to repeat the same tomorrow. Ain't life f'n grand...I guess it beats the alternative!

Do you get double time on Sundays?