Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a friend with 5.9 Cummins six speed, computer said it was getting 21mpg, we calculated the miles and fuel, 13mpg!!!! He was shocked!!!

That's crazy. The one car I have with that fancy stuff on it has been at most 1.5mpg off and closest was around .5

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
3:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cars seem better, the other thing I noticed a lot of people do Is, reset the mpg computer when driving on the freeway, and they call that there “freeway mpg” that’s not a true average mpg Even freeway! But that say I am getting 21 hwy mpg, well the aren’t, sometimes the computer is way off, and some people mistate there mpg, but it makes other people think there are getting horrible mpg...they are too sometimes! Lol
The first Honda hybrid...the computer was saying they were getting 52....really was 38, they had some legal hassle from that...

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The cars seem better, the other thing I noticed a lot of people do Is, reset the mpg computer when driving on the freeway, and they call that there “freeway mpg” that’s not a true average mpg Even freeway! But that say I am getting 21 hwy mpg, well the aren’t, sometimes the computer is way off, and some people mistate there mpg, but it makes other people think there are getting horrible mpg...they are too sometimes! Lol
The first Honda hybrid...the computer was saying they were getting 52....really was 38, they had some legal hassle from that...

I dont get that, I still go by pen and paper between fill ups. And on my dads olds cutlass you have to cuz the gauge dont work.

Bigmac

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont get that, I still go by pen and paper between fill ups. And on my dads olds cutlass you have to cuz the gauge dont work.
Oh ya, me too, I don’t have anything new enough to have a computer! Lol ya, just the other day went with a friend, that I build a quad motor for, he has 2014 ford deisel, asked him what he got for mpg, he was it gets “16-18”, then he pulls up the display it was 12.7 mpg, and reset the computer 17 on the cruse, and he is like, see about 16-18! I was what?!? You just reset it, that’s not you real mpg, he was”I see what your saying, but the computer says 17, and if I am light on the throttle it will say 18 sometimes 19, so that’s what it gets!” I try but there may no convincing him!

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh ya, me too, I don’t have anything new enough to have a computer! Lol ya, just the other day went with a friend, that I build a quad motor for, he has 2014 ford deisel, asked him what he got for mpg, he was it gets “16-18”, then he pulls up the display it was 12.7 mpg, and reset the computer 17 on the cruse, and he is like, see about 16-18! I was what?!? You just reset it, that’s not you real mpg, he was”I see what your saying, but the computer says 17, and if I am light on the throttle it will say 18 sometimes 19, so that’s what it gets!” I try but there may no convincing him!

And when you coast down hill it gets 99.9 lol

ranchdadmike

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
9e90376fb35305a10c61a6bce658826f.jpg

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sharpened my Dolmar PS-7310's Dolmar 099 chain, spent a tank of fuel bucking my uncle's oak firewood logs, got home sharpened the chain again and topped off fluids, had lunch.

Now I'm posting and letting the lunch settle a bit, but I'll go back outside and continue bucking my uncle's oak logs - unless it starts raining.

I'm in love with the PS-7310 since I gave her a muffler mod, she's just WOW!!! wow.gif

I'm also very impressed with the Dolmar 099 chisel chain, which is closing in on the witness mark - this thing is fast and loads the saw just right!
I might have to dismantle the half oak log I have left and video it . . . photo.gif

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
6:31 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This WE 5 of us worked like dogs, both days doing a 20' X 24' concrete floor in my hunting cabin. Just the logistics of getting all the materials up the Mtn on the 2 mi 4WD rd was a nightmare. We used 8 tons of 1/2" gravel, almost 300 gal of water, and 6 skids (252 80lb bags) of concrete.

We did the gravel, vapor barrier, 2" insulation, wire and pecks (if we ever decide to use it) on Sat, and the Concrete on Sunday, plus a trench for drainage.

We had captured 200 gal of water in barrels from the gutters, but it was not enough, had to take my Escape (no room for a truck) with the cargo basket 3/4 of a mi up an old skidding road to a swamp where we pumped water with a sump pump into buckets. Luckily, we got about 100 + gal in three trips, cause we were afraid to make a 4th trip, the ruts were getting so deep we were about to turtle the vehicle.

We had a mixer, but I could see it would not be enough, so while my brother did the trench with the Excavator, and my friend Harold, my Nephew Mechacnic Matt, and my Grand Nephew mixed with the mixer, and floated, etc, I mixed in the wheelbarrow. Could only do 1 bag for every 2 they did, but that is a 33% increase, and we started before 7am and did not finish the concrete till after 4 pm, then clean up and pack up and a 3 hour trip home.

Sat was a lot of work, but Sun we were up at 6am and I did not get home (no dinner yet) till 9:30pm. It was a long WE! But, we got it done! Also, the little excavator had to be driven separately up and down the mtn.

Now, the missing paint near the removed door frame, the Porky's climbed the door frame and started chewing. I think I'm going to have to put metal around the door frame when I put it back (it is just boarded over for now).

In the 1st pic is my brother, my Nephew (Mechanic Matt), my friend Harold, and my Grand Nephew Derek (21). Me, Harold and my brother are all mid 60s (within 2 years total), but we kept going pretty well, but the two younger guys worked so hard and continuously that Harold told me if he had them working with him, he could re do NYC in a week!

We had to put a moisture barrier in the floor because we were getting black mold on the inside of the roof. I was wondering why the new cabin got black mold and the old one never did, and I think I discovered the answer. We patched a small square of the roof in the old cabin with the same snow guard under the shingles as the new cabin has, and that square of the roof now also has black mold. I think the snow guard is just so effective it does not let the roof breathe.

Sat, after dark, we did get to relax a bit, and plan strategy for the next day, by a nice fire.

Attachments

• IMG_20180708_162651961.jpg
    IMG_20180708_162651961.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20180708_160419200_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20180708_160419200_HDR.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_20180708_160411721.jpg
    IMG_20180708_160411721.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20180707_230119322.jpg
    IMG_20180707_230119322.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 39

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This WE 5 of us worked like dogs, both days doing a 20' X 24' concrete floor in my hunting cabin. Just the logistics of getting all the materials up the Mtn on the 2 mi 4WD rd was a nightmare. We used 8 tons of 1/2" gravel, almost 300 gal of water, and 6 skids (252 80lb bags) of concrete.

We did the gravel, vapor barrier, 2" insulation, wire and pecks (if we ever decide to use it) on Sat, and the Concrete on Sunday, plus a trench for drainage.

We had captured 200 gal of water in barrels from the gutters, but it was not enough, had to take my Escape (no room for a truck) with the cargo basket 3/4 of a mi up an old skidding road to a swamp where we pumped water with a sump pump into buckets. Luckily, we got about 100 + gal in three trips, cause we were afraid to make a 4th trip, the ruts were getting so deep we were about to turtle the vehicle.

We had a mixer, but I could see it would not be enough, so while my brother did the trench with the Excavator, and my friend Harold, my Nephew Mechacnic Matt, and my Grand Nephew mixed with the mixer, and floated, etc, I mixed in the wheelbarrow. Could only do 1 bag for every 2 they did, but that is a 33% increase, and we started before 7am and did not finish the concrete till after 4 pm, then clean up and pack up and a 3 hour trip home.

Sat was a lot of work, but Sun we were up at 6am and I did not get home (no dinner yet) till 9:30pm. It was a long WE! But, we got it done! Also, the little excavator had to be driven separately up and down the mtn.

Now, the missing paint near the removed door frame, the Porky's climbed the door frame and started chewing. I think I'm going to have to put metal around the door frame when I put it back (it is just boarded over for now).

In the 1st pic is my brother, my Nephew (Mechanic Matt), my friend Harold, and my Grand Nephew Derek (21). Me, Harold and my brother are all mid 60s (within 2 years total), but we kept going pretty well, but the two younger guys worked so hard and continuously that Harold told me if he had them working with him, he could re do NYC in a week!

We had to put a moisture barrier in the floor because we were getting black mold on the inside of the roof. I was wondering why the new cabin got black mold and the old one never did, and I think I discovered the answer. We patched a small square of the roof in the old cabin with the same snow guard under the shingles as the new cabin has, and that square of the roof now also has black mold. I think the snow guard is just so effective it does not let the roof breathe.

Sat, after dark, we did get to relax a bit, and plan strategy for the next day, by a nice fire.

You guys did one hell of a job Mike.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Good job and a tuff one at that.