chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who will live there 🤠
All the sharpening equipment and a bunch of the saws, should be a nice home for "them".
Looks great Brett,👍
Thanks bud.
Unfortunately I'm not getting done as early as I had hoped, so I'll probably only get one more coat on tonight, still looks better than it did a couple weeks ago 😅.

Partner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:44 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All the sharpening equipment and a bunch of the saws, should be a nice home for "them".

Thanks bud.
Unfortunately I'm not getting done as early as I had hoped, so I'll probably only get one more coat on tonight, still looks better than it did a couple weeks ago 😅.
Will they be warm 😎?

Junk Meister

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:44 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a Stihl MS390 on "Auctiontime" for 57$ plus the governor. I had other stuff to pick up . When I got it there were 2 ACE ziplocks one with 5 72 DL Stihl Chains that I had to file out the gullets as they were ground with to thin of a wheel. the other bag had both pieces of the pull rope and the recoil cover/pawl/washer and clip in it. Put a new rope in it and fresh mix 5th pull (or so) got a fert next pull it was running. Need to adjust the carb as the chain slows down but is still running. The 40 to one is p'bly the reason. Has a really fresh 20" replaceable tip 63ga Stihl Bar.
Ace is the Place to camp out at the entrance/exit If they turn a saw away for just a broken rope.
It is a Clammy but the piston is real nice and the rest of the saw looks good as well.
I can't send Pics but I am more than HAPPY.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I bought a Stihl MS390 on "Auctiontime" for 57$ plus the governor. I had other stuff to pick up . When I got it there were 2 ACE ziplocks one with 5 72 DL Stihl Chains that I had to file out the gullets as they were ground with to thin of a wheel. the other bag had both pieces of the pull rope and the recoil cover/pawl/washer and clip in it. Put a new rope in it and fresh mix 5th pull (or so) got a fert next pull it was running. Need to adjust the carb as the chain slows down but is still running. The 40 to one is p'bly the reason. Has a really fresh 20" replaceable tip 63ga Stihl Bar.
Ace is the Place to camp out at the entrance/exit If they turn a saw away for just a broken rope.
It is a Clammy but the piston is real nice and the rest of the saw looks good as well.
I can't send Pics but I am more than HAPPY.
Nice score and being in the right place when needed.

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will they be warm 😎?
I hope so, I've spent a lot of cash on insulation for this barn :greedy:.
Exterior walls are about R-30, wall between the shop and the other half of this 12x24 lean-to is about r25, then the wall between the main shop and this room is R19, ceiling will have 15" of cellulose where it can, so R50. I have a small electric heater in there right now, it's been pretty warm here lately, but still in the 20s(Fahrenheit) at night, it's working hard and keeping it 67 when it cools off. Once I get the insulation in the ceiling it shouldn't have a problem keeping it 65 even when the temps are much lower.
Here's a link that has pics showing what I've done since the 30th of last month.
Here's the used cellulose I had dropped off at the house last night for 150 :).
You can see how I put the first 1.5" between the girts to the left in this pic, then I put another 1.5" standing up between the post, then built a 2x4 stud wall and installed another 3.5" of batts(R13) in the room, which is where the door is to the right of the pile. The space where the insulation is will be worked on next, then the main bay. Lots to do for sure.
Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 5.37.07 PM.png
Also bought a bunch of wire last weekend. One roll of each for me and a roll of 12/2 for a friend.
Good thing I have a HD minivan lol.
Screen Shot 2024-02-23 at 5.46.51 PM.png

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hope so, I've spent a lot of cash on insulation for this barn :greedy:.
Exterior walls are about R-30, wall between the shop and the other half of this 12x24 lean-to is about r25, then the wall between the main shop and this room is R19, ceiling will have 15" of cellulose where it can, so R50. I have a small electric heater in there right now, it's been pretty warm here lately, but still in the 20s(Fahrenheit) at night, it's working hard and keeping it 67 when it cools off. Once I get the insulation in the ceiling it shouldn't have a problem keeping it 65 even when the temps are much lower.
Here's a link that has pics showing what I've done since the 30th of last month.
Here's the used cellulose I had dropped off at the house last night for 150 :).
You can see how I put the first 1.5" between the girts to the left in this pic, then I put another 1.5" standing up between the post, then built a 2x4 stud wall and installed another 3.5" of batts(R13) in the room, which is where the door is to the right of the pile. The space where the insulation is will be worked on next, then the main bay. Lots to do for sure.
View attachment 408987
Also bought a bunch of wire last weekend. One roll of each for me and a roll of 12/2 for a friend.
Good thing I have a HD minivan lol.
View attachment 408988
You take out a mortgage for those spools of wire or find a good deal?

whitesnake

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. The barn has taken nearly 2.5yrs to get to this point; but just like all my issues, I own it free and clear :p.
I hear ya pal I’m the same way. Usually gotta be a deal or a sale. It’s in my blood. Never had a vehicle loan in my life. I like to buy them “scratch and dent” to put it lightly lol.

Stem

Professional Cup Stacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Snapchat-428087456.jpg

had to make a saw shop run for some carburetor kits this morning, & picked this up while I was there. been on the fence of getting some type of helmet. it was between this type or a skull bucket.

I've got a few dead trees to drop when the weather gets better. the tops are smoked & branches have slowly been falling. so this is better than nothing.

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't today,.....but.....I couldn't log in oct '23 - feb '24...lol

Scored a bundle of garbage/vintage fishing rods (fiberglass)....about a dozen (complete and peices) ....and two late '60's Mitchell spinners.......for 20 bucks
A couple shakespeare wonder rods, a Daiwa, a Spin Mster (hurricane), A conolon, a True-Temper, eagle claw spin-fly pack rod....even a St.Croix pistol grip
Re-wrapped 9,....like 11 usable now, plus the reels.

Prior I scored a late sixties Shakespeare Sea Wonder spinner 2091 in real nice shape for less than $30 to my door.

Prior to that a 12' Penn battalion II rod,....that somehow turned into two.
A penn Long beach 66 reel
A penn 109 from 1946

And a recent purchase was an Okuma 12' spinning rod

....but I'm a baitcasting/conventional kinda guy though....lol
and a cheap bastage

I know I'm leaving stuff out.....

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This is a fishin site, ain't it?

Don't know why y'all wanted to know all that,....but whatever....

drumbum

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag