Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Local supermarket has 2 chains/box deal at 15€ this week.
I took a look, 3/8" LowProfile and .325".

I bought a box of 3/8"LP 40DL .043" just to have spares for my battery saws, small saws, and pole saw.

The best deal was a box with 2 loops of 72DL .325" .058" full chisel.
I almost took one box, but didn't because I have no 72DL .325" bars.

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
9:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
G'day all D from AUS it's been a while since I have been on the forum .
What a surprise I got when I looked in here I had no idea this thread would be so popular it's been great seeing what you blokes have been buying .

Cheers Darren

av8or3

So many saw ... so little time...
GoldMember
Local time
7:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You square file much , ?
Nope. Only round. I have run factory square filed chain and loved it though. Been watching lots of videos on grinding as well. I’m prepared for a big learning curve. I think. Lol
It’s been awhile, but I bought a 262xp from my friend Daniel at his saw shop and it had a chain he sharpened just for me on it. When I first glanced at the chain it looked almost worn out to me. I didn’t mention it, just left w/the saw. When I got it home I looked closer and the cutters had two teeth. I had never seen it before but I thought it might be square ground. It really cut too. Man I was really impressed with that saw, but the chain just melted the red oak I was cutting up. That and a second chain I purchased for a different saw sums up my experience with it.

Last edited: