High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So how old were you guys when you started cutting on your own?

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my son who will be 16 in about 2 weeks asked me if him and his buddy who is 19 could go cut wood tomorrow since they are off school. I said no way if im not ther.

But this got me wondering. How old befor you guy will or have let your kids go cut without you ther.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:01 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my son who will be 16 in about 2 weeks asked me if him and his buddy who is 19 could go cut wood tomorrow since they are off school. I said no way if im not ther.

But this got me wondering. How old befor you guy will or have let your kids go cut without you ther.

My dad wouldn't even let me look at his Saw's until I was 16 but I was much younger than that working around them my family is a logging family and on the weekends we would go and get firewood to sell and to heat are homes I was splitting wood with a splitting mall when I was 8 years old I'm telling you I'm feeling it nowadays and when I was 17 my dad gave his 038 to me and said if you can start it then I'll let you run it lol. he was happy when I started it but never mind I already new how:risas3: after that he showed me like he said he would so I believe that with the right supervision 15 16 year's old is ok but that's with supervision. Most kids now days couldn't even think of getting a saw going with the dam laptop in there hands anyways.

Xr650jkallen

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
1:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I let my 9 year old run a small ms170. I had my hands on the saw just in case. He made one cut and said " that thing shakes alot" lol. I asked him if he wanted to make another cut and he said he would rather I cut them and he split them lol. Granted my little one isn't the regular video gaming 9 yrs old. He's very careful with knifes and other could be dangerous objects . I would rather teach them the safe way early. Unsupervised I'm not sure when that will come. Depends on their strength and maturity level. All kids are different.

Funky sawman

Pony Power
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
18 here, actually went directly into a felling job which is very uncommon round here. Cut my teeth on a cat strip then a yarder strip. Some very stressful times I remember, alot of learning the hard way. Bull buck just let me loose with my saw to fend for myself!

ktmtigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
About 12 or 13 I started cutting on my own by myself. Mind you I was hiding it from my parents would go out with the four-wheeler and trailer at work on a dairy farm and cut off the field edges dad never asked where the wood was coming from

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
About 12 or 13 I started cutting on my own by myself. Mind you I was hiding it from my parents would go out with the four-wheeler and trailer at work on a dairy farm and cut off the field edges dad never asked where the wood was coming from

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk
Ohh he new lol

~WBF

Thecallofthewildanswered1989-2017[PAID IN FULL!]
Local time
7:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I guess it is not so much an age but attitude and skill set.
It depends on the individual.
My Dad let me take a buck at 13 and I never showed interest again. I just liked the machete and trying to copy him packing the Adler lengths on my shoulder. One time I was out with older friends.. which had older friends and mentioned a chainsaw was used so then then they freaked out and said he better not find out I was using the saw and he doesn't think they should be using the saw either. My grumps were pretty concerned.
I would have been 17 when I was taking on clean up work after Fallers. I was definitely man enough as I had already threw down against my Dad at 17.
Everything still comes with a parental guidance. I still get the Dad lectures and still get the Mum lectures.
I was staying with my parents on Vancouver Island between shifts on my week off whilst Heli-Falling back a few yrs. I was on the straight and narrow once again and wasn't visiting anyone just hanging out with the parents and not drinking for some time. I'm ready to go back to camp and my Mum said: As she has said for yrs,
" I want you to be very, very careful out there" You know, as she wags the finger my way.
Then she said.."And you know what I mean now don't you"?
My response was " yes, I know, I wont"
So she is talking about having a drink. which I was never a camp drinker anyways.

My follow up response was: "Mum!!! Do you even know what I do for a living"?

I would drive like a bat out of h-ll for 5 hours and then take a float plane up the Pacific rim for an hour and then go do the most dangerous job in North American.
Lots of people parked their truck and never saw pavement again.

That still kind of blows me away that she was most worried about but they trust me that I take my safety seriously even after fatalities on the crew.
They didn't change but I leaned to take my time and think of others that never got to drive home. l learnt to drive slow and take it all in and take time to smell the flowers on the way.

IDK, maybe you should just break his nose and let him know you care? Maybe I'm not the best person to advise though.

Last edited:

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
1:01 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

this is a great question and not one anyone but yourself can answer. If your immediate response was no way in hell you obviously have not been thinking this day would be coming. Not saying you haven’t taught him enough to go out with a friend but the question to yourself should be have I done my job of getting him ready to cut by himself? Maybe this helps maybe it doesn’t but even at 40 I still have a good friend or my dad stop over and give me a second opinion on a tree if it’s something I’m not comfortable with for any given reason.