High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

So how old were you guys when you started cutting on your own?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep, I had a hatchet too when I was a kid. We had a bunch of these thorny little invasive trees on our place that I chopped up for kindling.
Oh right... the hatchet.
I sunk that in my left index finger around six or seven years old splitting kindling. Plenty of blood, stitches and notched the bone a bit.... still there. Missed the nerve :)

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:05 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I remember my first time running a saw by myself. Stihl 032...was doing some brush clearing with it. Either 16 or 17. When I was done, I noticed a tear in my jeans on my thigh. Little did I know, at some point, the chain cut my pants, and put a little scratch on my leg. I got pretty lucky...really shouldn’t have been clearing brush with a chainsaw anyway. Lol. Didn’t know any better back then.

Orangeinthebarn

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my son who will be 16 in about 2 weeks asked me if him and his buddy who is 19 could go cut wood tomorrow since they are off school. I said no way if im not ther.

But this got me wondering. How old befor you guy will or have let your kids go cut without you ther.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
I just now loaned my 21 son my saw to cut some limbs at his house. I wouldn’t turn a 16 loose with my saw unsupervised. I guess when he’s old enough to buy his own saw and he’s out of the house

broadwayline

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was 11-12 when my Dad handed me an 038 Mag II in the woods for the first time - no gear just a pair of gloves and ear muffs lol - different world today - I had watched him use it for years so it wasn't that bad.