Simple carb tool question

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
10:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so this little craftsman mantis like two stroke .. Carb just needs adjusting looks like a small off center circle . I've not seen one like this . Also have a buddy that needs a jred tuned looks to be the splined one is there anyone that is familiar with the pattern on the craftsman ? If I get back to it today I'll try to get a picture . I guess what I'm asking is if there is a simple master set with all of the screwed up shapes .... I've as the ebay kit that would have the splined one and a few others but this is a new shape to me

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got this set on EBay. If it some one you can trust just take your Dremel tool and grind a little slot in the adjusting screws.

image.jpeg

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah I may just slot it it's my mothers. But it gets old not having the tool you need ya know. I'll study this screw head today if I get a chance

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nah me either ... I think the aftermarket screwdriver industry is involved lol

czar800

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Small tipped needle nose pliars will back em out so you can cut a slot with a hacksaw or dremel. Or you can do what many professional shops do by cutting through the entire shroud and both screws at once to slot them while they're still on the carb.

That's how I've done it!

stihl saws

You can always justify another saw.
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've pulled the cheap plastic Bic ink pens apart and used the small part on the bottom to remove screws. Have to push it on kinda hard, but it works to get them out for slotting.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been purchasing specialty mixture adjusting screw drivers on ebay. Did order one from Stihl recently to adjust the carb on the newer FS90 carbs and all the other models with that same screw type.
You ever seen that "screw" specifically ? I'd like to have the driver.... I'll slit it if it comes to that but if I can I'd rather own "the" tool

TJ the Chainsaw Mechanic

Old Homelites rule!
Local time
7:20 PM
User ID
Reaction score
You ever seen that "screw" specifically ? I'd like to have the driver.... I'll slit it if it comes to that but if I can I'd rather own "the" tool
I haven't, But I think we may have a troy built sitting at the shop...I'll look at it and see if it has those screws so I can get a better idea. I was doing some searching and so far have come up with nothing...that's a sears brand so there probably isn't anything.