Show off your muffler mods

Mkinslow

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’m telling a man he doesn’t need a tig welder if he’s good at brazing being constructive and here come the haters. You do you and I’ll do me ok bub?
No one's hating bud,chill out a little, hes just trying to understand what you are saying.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
10:24 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hf on let it clean and add slight heat as you dab. Do I need to show a video or it didn’t happen?
Are you talking about the amount of times per second that you pulse, where you set the frequency of how often you drop current a certain selectable percentage below the machine setting ?

A

ADMO services

I apologize if I misunderstood. I’m here to share experiences and there’s more than one way to skin a cat. My way may not be the only way but it works for me. There’s plenty of knowledge here for us all to share.

A

ADMO services

Are you talking about the amount of times per second that you pulse, where you set the frequency of how often you drop current a certain selectable percentage below the machine setting ?
Continuous hf hand control for heat as well as hf on. Hf on with a bump of the hand control add some heat as you dab take heat away repeat.

A

ADMO services

Sounds like you’re referring to the square wave pulse width modulation for fast welding. That doesn’t pertain to this

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Continuous hf hand control for heat as well as hf on. Hf on with a bump of the hand control add some heat as you dab take heat away repeat.
What machine are you using for this ?

Do you have a link or make/model number for the HF hand controller ?

Last edited:

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like you’re referring to the square wave pulse width modulation for fast welding. That doesn’t pertain to this
Square wave is AC, not DC

I’m trying to understand and learn how you are using HF while welding a bead on DC and how this cleans steel as you weld, just as you have said

A

ADMO services

Ok the current is dc. The hf is a super imposed higher voltage on top of your dc current. Not the actual load

A

ADMO services

It cleans by burning away the outer layer of the metal that’s always got an oxidized layer unless it’s in a vacuum

A

ADMO services

Square wave is pulsating dc with a duty cycle that can be controlled all the way to 100% which is full dc so yes it’s ac until you’re @100%

A

ADMO services

The hand control is just the same as a foot controller. There is a open closed contact for the machine load and hf on, and a rheostat for the heat. Nothing special

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The hand control is just the same as a foot controller. There is a open closed contact for the machine load and hf on, and a rheostat for the heat. Nothing special
This sounds like you’re manually pulsing the current on DC. I’m not getting how this is HF

HF on setting on the machine ......... if you turn it off, will it still initiate the arc across the air gap ?

A

ADMO services

This sounds like you’re manually pulsing the current on DC. I’m not getting how this is HF

HF on setting on the machine ......... if you turn it off, will it still initiate the arc across the air gap ?
Not even close. Ok hand control closes a contact initiating the load on the machine as well as the high frequency turning on when it’s selected on the machine to on. So as long as the load contractor closes when hf is selected on it turns on and does not drop out until the load contractor drops out. Good? So far ok the rheostat is at nearly 0 percent so the scr’s that make your dc are not being fired yet. Ok? Good so far? Ok work the hand control just like your foot petal to start some load moving by firing the scr’s now you have some dc flowing but you have always had hf the moment the load contractor was energized. Ok?

A

ADMO services

The hf circuit is a totally separate low current circuit that’s in parallel with the dc output of the scr’s. It can stay energized and ark along with that dc all it wants but the load current is dc.

Moparmyway

Its just a saw
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not even close. Ok hand control closes a contact initiating the load on the machine as well as the high frequency turning on when it’s selected on the machine to on. So as long as the load contractor closes when hf is selected on it turns on and does not drop out until the load contractor drops out. Good? So far ok the rheostat is at nearly 0 percent so the scr’s that make your dc are not being fired yet. Ok? Good so far? Ok work the hand control just like your foot petal to start some load moving by firing the scr’s now you have some dc flowing but you have always had hf the moment the load contractor was energized. Ok?
No
The HF for your machine and mine is for spark initiation. Welders keeps HF on when set to AC because if it was start only (like in DC mode) the arc would go out. In AC, HF continues to re-jump the gap as the wave crosses zero so the arc is stabile. In DC, it’s only needed to initiate the arc.

Turn off your HF and use your hand or foot controll to get going ...... no arc

Has nothing to do with “cleaning action”

Read page 14 of your manual and drop your little’tude a few notches. We help people by providing accurate information in simple ways

Last edited: