Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
2:30 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
USPS shipping from the US to Croatia for a 5lbs package is anywhere between 80-100$.
A 20" bar and 3 .404" chains came out to 90$.

Although, international shipping from the US does not cost the same for individual recipient countries.
For example, shipping a whole chainsaw from the US to Greece was some 60$ while the exact same box shipped to Croatia would have came out to a staggering 600+$.

Potential European buyers will have to check shipping rates for their countries, or ask the seller to check it for them which can be done online.

Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Partner, it all depends on the size of the package and the method of shipping. I recently sent a small padded envelope (150x150x40 mm) to Spain via first class mail and it cost around $25. Priority would have cost around $55 or more but would include insurance up to $100 and tracking all the way to the final destination. Shipping a small saw in a box would be $150 to $200 using their parcel post, non priority service.

Mark
Tracked shipping is the only viable way to ship anything of value!
Protection for both seller and buyer.
If the buyer says tracked is not needed then don't even ship in the first place.

Everything I have shipped so far was tracked, from a 100gram bubble cushioned envelope up to a 15kg box full of chainsaw madness.
Better safe than sorry!

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I ONCE tried an alternative shipping provider other than USPS, it was close to a disaster!

Yes, USPS is expensive (for me anyhow), but at least it is straight forward without hidden fees and additional paperwork.

Frank bierce

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How is everyone doing with shipping now? I have been using pirate ship for a while…shipping is really starting to make it cost in ineffective to ship anything!

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've been using shippo for about a year now. I like it. Put in all the pertinent information needed and choose the cheapest option. You can ship worldwide if needed. I have never compared it to other places. But, it gives you the commercial rate.

WI_Hedgehog

Super OPE Member
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone know the cost of shipping to Europe?
DHL has always been fast and secure for me, no damage, not even a dent in the box or even scuffing on the surface.

Clogger sent me a box via DHL 2 months back and it arrived early in perfect condition, and Clogger seems to be budget-minded perfectionists.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DHL has always been fast and secure for me, no damage, not even a dent in the box or even scuffing on the surface.

Clogger sent me a box via DHL 2 months back and it arrived early in perfect condition, and Clogger seems to be budget-minded perfectionists.
The only problem I have with DHL is the fact that I'd have to drive the package to Nashville to send it out.

Seachaser

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to bump an old thread, but what type of ballpark $$ to ship several power heads?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate to bump an old thread, but what type of ballpark $$ to ship several power heads?
It depends on how you do it. If you use an account like Ship Station or Pirate Ship and don't pay for insurance (because you know they will refuse to pay) you can figure about 30.00 a saw. Use a box that isn't insanely large too....

I've had the best service by using UPS thru Ship Station.

HumBurner

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sent a McCulloch 795 power head from Iowa to Pennsylvania a couple of weeks ago. Large, heavy box that cost $76 via USPS (ground advantage).

Mark
$40 is about the minimum for powerheads. I sent an 020av a couple months back for $33, but those things are tiny. USPS only, as the other two suck around here. I anticipate ~$50 for an average sized saw, pho. If the difference is dramatic, I'll refund a few dollars.

I'm working on boxing up a 562 today. MIGHT be cheaper since the cylinder isn't attached, but we'll see.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I sent 2 2152s from Minnesota to Michigan with pirate ship for under 30 dollars. They were in the same box
For us depending where it’s going to speedy is dirt cheap sent a saw to Wisconsin for like 13-14$ but it’s only mn, Wisconsin, north/south Dakota and part of Michigan if I remember right.

stihl livin

Do the Dallas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
For us depending where it’s going to speedy is dirt cheap sent a saw to Wisconsin for like 13-14$ but it’s only mn, Wisconsin, north/south Dakota and part of Michigan if I remember right.
They were trying to expand their area last I seen.

Woodwackr

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I checked into the Fastenal shipping option several times, they were never very competitive.

I will look into Pirate Ship next week if I can make some time available. It did appear that the shipping time is longer using that option.

Thanks all for your input. When I was working I could just take the larger packages in and ship them with the company discounts, that was quite convenient and very cost effective. Sadly I cannot continue to do that.

Mark
Ship time for me in the last 3 weeks has actually dropped considerably with Pirate. It also helps having the new shipping store that recently opened in town. 5min drive instead of 25.
Saws and parts have mostly been going usps and ups. I just use whatever comes up cheapest. The new store take all of them.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody got a suggestion for shipping a 60lb electric motor?