Saw video thread

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
11:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet you could have tree with 5 professional logger/faller guys cutting it and it would be cut 5 different ways.
Just saying...
Guess I need to get rid of my west coast configured saws. I hear they can’t cut wood here in the north east

Johnmn

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
10:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bet you could have tree with 5 professional logger/faller guys cutting it and it would be cut 5 different ways.
Just saying...
It really really is

:icon_pc:
Yep around here it's low tops, small dogs, short bars, half wrap handles and no one bore cuts oh and stump height is roughly 12 inches, haha.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The critics here are very harsh!
emoji2957.png
Wonder if there is a way to dyno test the performance gain of a half wrap, 3/4 wrap or full wrap? Or small dawgs vs large dawgs. Eliminate the variables. Lol

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
4012 Carlton 2005 model with the kohler 27hp gas. She's used and abused.
Being that its state park shared it sees multiple users and doesn't make money.
Half the time its an impromptu instruction class when I drop it off and then have to go on to more expensive things, so after they plow the freshly sharpened teeth through some rocks the process can become tedious.
We're a little bit different from the private sector.

Yeah , big deal

If the stump was 2 inches higher they still plowed through rocks just the same. So..no..it isn't a big deal. The outcome is just the same.

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True, I don't get it? , its not like there's no mountains on the east coast.

Ask skeans and WBF for some pictures of the trees they've cut, some are on grades most people would be scared to walk on let alone use a chainsaw.

See how many pictures you can find of guys doing the same thing on the East Coast..

Last edited:

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ask skeans and WBF for some pictures of the trees they've cut, some are on grades most people would be scared to walk on let alone use a chainsaw.

See how many pictures you can of guys doing the same thing on the East Coast..

There’s nothing like having to sit down in the stump hole because there’s no where to go once the tree is leaving the stump. It’s not uncommon to see us do that on flat ground as well as far back boring it’s not common practice to see one is not safest practice two there’s other style of back cut that work just as well without having to work as hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

See how many pictures you can find of guys doing the same thing on the East Coast..
There’s nothing like having to sit down in the stump hole because there’s no where to go once the tree is leaving the stump. It’s not uncommon to see us do that on flat ground as well as far back boring it’s not common practice to see one is not safest practice two there’s other style of back cut that work just as well without having to work as hard.

This got me thinking a bit. I live in the hills here. There are some steep grades, but no old growth. I'm wondering what the difference is between the coasts? It can't be all the trees were harvested decades and decades ago being the east was settled first. What is the reason for the monsters out west?

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
This got me thinking a bit. I live in the hills here. There are some steep grades, but no old growth. I'm wondering what the difference is between the coasts? It can't be all the trees were harvested decades and decades ago being the east was settled first. What is the reason for the monsters out west?
Just the species of trees?

sawmikaze

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Got me dude.

Skeans1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:51 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just the species of trees?

Species and conditions what I can grow in 60 years in a full rotation of stuff that will knock on 4’ feet on the stump. Or if the stand is left very tight I can have some nice straight 150’ 25” on the stump stuff with no limbs or taper. Our longest growing main used wood out here is cedar which is normally a 2 to 3 times the length rotation to a Douglas Fir or Alder.