Saw video thread

deye223

AIR FUEL SPARK VROOOOOM
Local time
4:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Homeowner 35cc clamshells/ Easy2Start /Primer bulb /Tool-less Chain Tensioner /6t Spur sprocket/ Semi chisel safety chain /Flippy caps /Mineral oil mix /And the list goes on...
If I believed everything I reads on the internet's it would be impossible to even cut a twig with this setup lol.
That is a pisser of a butterknife glad to see you're not the only one that hates getting saw chips down the front of his shirt we use the same cutting techniques good to see . :thumbsup:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
2:23 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Austin. I’m not really surprised that the ported saw (7900) and the largest cc saw (288) had the best cut times. Pretty predictable results. All pretty close though.
Definitely not a show off piece of speed wood, very good test for all of them. The fact that a near stock 500 ran so close to a ported 7900 is impressive to me. Now port the 500 and repeat:D

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Definitely not a show off piece of speed wood, very good test for all of them. The fact that a near stock 500 ran so close to a ported 7900 is impressive to me. Now port the 500 and repeat:D
Yup just a muffler mod really wakes up the 500i. Very strong saw, would embarrass quite a few others ported saws or give them a run for there money. Good benchmark saw to test any saw against really. They were dynoed at about 7.5hp with a muffler mod. 81CC5644-984E-4505-AB38-DA2AAD14B21B.jpeg

Last edited:

RI Chevy

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks Austin. I’m not really surprised that the ported saw (7900) and the largest cc saw (288) had the best cut times. Pretty predictable results. All pretty close though.
I guess wood results correspond with Dyno results in some cases!
Nice job on the video.

Sagebrush33

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks good but if you’re going to have that high of a stump why not use a humboldt face?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I've rarely seen the Humboldt practiced over on this side of the states. At least not in my area.
Never much see a 3/4 wrap either. I'm glad to see one on that Rattlered 395. Mine also has one. I bought one for my 440 hybrid build. The only thing I don't like about them is they take up more space in truck storage boxes.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That’s about as low as you can cut them with a full wrap here. Full wrap and large spikes might work well out west in thick bark on steep hillsides making humbolt face cuts. But doing conventional face cuts in hardwood on flat rocky ground the large dogs bite too much and the wrap prevents low cuts on veneer trees. It also adds a extra 1.5lbs to the saw. Wraps are nice to have on a larger saw for versatility though if stump height doesn’t matter. Just my hack opinion. But I say use what works best for you… more power to ya.

Last edited:

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried advancing the timing on my 550, it picked up a little speed, one to two seconds on that round, and it feels like it's got a little more torque.

Before and after videos