Saw Troll

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
I've rarely done anything other than a permaban. But, I have made mistakes and revisited the ban.

If you think I acted harshly and should reverse the ban, I'd like to talk about it.

My thinking was this....he is a kid that is only interested in self promotion to try and become some YouTube influencer. He has no actual interest in this forum or it's members aside from steering people to his YouTube channel. So rather than allowing this to become a bunch of back and forth, I just nipped it off.

What do you think?
Keep it in place. He hasn't matured enuf IMO, to be part of a "sometimes" QUALITY group

He made it sound from the beginning that all he wanted to do is a YT click bait.
Maybe the links placed where they should not be could be removed as well, the rule breaker one anyways.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't think he understood what I was saying.
I just know in the past I have seen many folks including myself try to help him and he was not receptive. I believe in life-long learning. I believe everyone has the ability to learn at any age. At age 15 a young person should be soaking up as much information as they can. I am not sure how many of you folks grew up in an era where you heard your parents say "children are meant to been seen and not heard" I did, and I heard it, and i understood it. Although I do fully believe it 100%. I do believe kids need to be heard. You learn by first listening, watching, then asking questions, and trying it yourself. Then if it fails you go ask advice and listen again.

Rinse
Repeat

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
He didn't actually care what you were saying Sondre. He only cared if it affected his sub count on YouTube.
I really do not get the entire youtube likes and followers crap but heck there is a lot I do not get. All I have for TV is an old antenna so I get a couple channels of garbage. I do have a "smart" TV so it gets youtube and some evenings I will watch a bit on that. Make fun of me I do not give a damn but I watch some old episodes of Jeopardy and Judge Judy. When I want to cook something I look for a video on that. I do see a sawing vid every once in awhile. I see the boys down south that run around claiming to find old log skidders and dozers "abandoned" in the woods for 30 years and miraculously they start and drive them out. I last about 5 minutes on those knuckleheads. Now I cannot speak one bit on the growing climate in the south but I will assure you here if you leave a skidder or dozer in the woods for 30 years you will need a dozer to go find it. My point is I have never liked or subscribed to any of it.

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geez. Anybody heard from Saw Troll?
He like a lot of the good older guys have slowed and/or left. I am not sure if Roland is a member here but he is a great guy also.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Geez. Anybody heard from Saw Troll?
Niko checked in a while back on AS and indicated he was doing good, just losing interest in saws and the forums.
He like a lot of the good older guys have slowed and/or left. I am not sure if Roland is a member here but he is a great guy also.
Roland is still around and tinkering with saws. I agree - Roland is a very fine individual.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
1:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the subject of self promotion some forums are noted for that and some are worse than others .It can be amusing or insulting depending on how you look at it . The previous owner of A-site liked to promote arguements because the viewership increased and he billed the sponsers accordingly as for hits per page .Which I might mention those hits were cleaverly inaccurate .Boy oh boy was that owner pizzed , called out by myself and a guy from Cincinnati .We had the proof .Shortly after I was banned and the posts deleted .
What actually happened with "saw troll " I have no idea except I think his wife passed away .He is or was older than myself by a couple of years .Especially interested in Swedish made saws like Partner and J-Red .I can't remember where exactly he was ,Sweden ,Norway maybe ?

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On the subject of self promotion some forums are noted for that and some are worse than others .It can be amusing or insulting depending on how you look at it . The previous owner of A-site liked to promote arguements because the viewership increased and he billed the sponsers accordingly as for hits per page .Which I might mention those hits were cleaverly inaccurate .Boy oh boy was that owner pizzed , called out by myself and a guy from Cincinnati .We had the proof .Shortly after I was banned and the posts deleted .
What actually happened with "saw troll " I have no idea except I think his wife passed away .He is or was older than myself by a couple of years .Especially interested in Swedish made saws like Partner and J-Red .I can't remember where exactly he was ,Sweden ,Norway maybe ?
I believe Norway

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
1:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
I'm probably the worst in the world for second guessing myself. I am also prone to making snap decisions, then regretting it.

I need this sort of conversation to happen.

Thank you guys.
If you hadn’t pulled the plug I probably would have after the jackass comment. I mean yeah we’re jackasses but there’s no need to be a rude drama queen about it. 😉

Bill G

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If you hadn’t pulled the plug I probably would have after the jackass comment. I mean yeah we’re jackasses but there’s no need to be a rude drama queen about it. 😉
I thought that was over the top.............even for me.
There is a difference between calling someone a jackass in jest and meaning it.