High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

RWJ4 Carb Settings on a stock 365 Special jug on an XTorq bottom end

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
5:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks Beaglebriar, going to give the Farmertec Hutzl unlimited coil, a try, headed out to shop.
Also giving chain a grind. Just put unlimited coil on, started right up.

Last edited:

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Put the Hutzl/Farmertec Black unlimited coil on, ordering a Red 97 deflector, and have new tube of Motoseal for bg delete, then will richen up high side, with the 40:1 mix I move richer perhaps thats why stock setting is 1 & 1 out from seated and my situation. 4 stroking lightly when I let up in the cut should be easier to discern now

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
8:18 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Put the Hutzl/Farmertec Black unlimited coil on, ordering a Red 97 deflector, and have new tube of Motoseal for bg delete, then will richen up high side, with the 40:1 mix I move richer perhaps thats why stock setting is 1 & 1 out from seated and my situation. 4 stroking lightly when I let up in the cut should be easier to discern now
I'm sure you already know but make sure you get it real nice and warmed up when you set the final tune, most saws lean out a bit when hot.

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Will do. You all are my safety net,lol. Didn't want to be cheap but some Hutz/Farmertec aftermarket parts deserve a chance, and top of the line TT20K took away some of the funds for a used Genuine coil. Everything else on saw Genuine Husky. Warm fuzzy feel, you know.

Last edited:

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Will do. You all are my safety net,lol. Didn't want to be cheap but some Hutz/Farmertec aftermarket parts deserve a chance, and top of the line TT20K took away some of the funds for a used Genuine coil. Everything else on saw Genuine Husky. Warm fuzzy feel, you know.
Am coil should be ok, if it fails it won't hurt the saw. Worst comes to worst you replace with a oem coil down the road.

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks, I like the cautious approach, takng Spike60's warming about China flywheel failure as they spin so fast, don't need the shrapnal headache. Good to know coil won't hurt the saw. I had been in too much of a hurry and sheared key off. But read not necessary, just align, tighten, and run it, had a lot of torque on it and stopped before breaking something, lol. Spike and Walt say use Genuine if your using saw to make ends meet. Thanks Huskyboy, appreciate the interest in my saw.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I switched to an unlimited coil on my X-Torq as well. Tuning was a pain with the limited coil, I did plug chops in the cut until I got good color on the plug. Much easier to tune now, I think you’ll enjoy it.

Moonshine

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Beaglebriar, XP Slinger, Huskyboy, MDavlee, Chainsaw Jim, and Westcoaster 90. You guys are top notch in my book, many fine folks here, in a PM Westcoaster feels the Special can fo 13.4, no problem and he likes 13.6 himself. Red97 is sending me one of his deflectors out on Monday, built in USA. I have solder and Motoseal so after those mods in will creep up slowly and report back. I still have the XT top end, cleaned up pretty good, could always bolt that on for kicks later.
For me it is all about learning new things and putting firewood on the truck and in the stove. Once I rob the black coil off the 350 the saw will be Genuine Husqvarna throuh and through.

Last edited:

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Beaglebriar, XP Slinher, Huskyboy, MDavlee, Chainsaw Jim, and Westcoaster 90. You guys are top notch in my book, many fine folks here, in a PM Westcoaster feels the Special can fo 13.4, no problem and he likes 13.6 himself. Red97 is sending me one of his deflectors out on Monday, built in USA. I have solder and Motoseal so after those mods in will creep up slowly and report back. I still have the XT top end, cleaned up pretty good, could always bolt that on for kicks later.
For me it is all about learning new things and putting firewood on the truck and in the stove. Once I rob the black coil off the 350 the saw will be Genuine Husqvarna throuh and through.
You may need a longer spark plug wire when you install the coil from the 350. You MIGHT be ok since you have the OE 365 cylinder, just a heads up. And that's what it's all about brother, helping each other out, and having some fun along the way. Hope to see a thread when you start modding your saw;)

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The XT top end would make an excellent work saw. Yes they're harder on crank bearings but they run damn good with a base/squish cut and some port work. I really like mine for firewooding.

XP_Slinger

They’re Just Saws
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
True statement, my XT topend ran strong with just a BG delete and porting. Definitely left some meat on the bone by not cutting the base and squish.