High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Renting land?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
6:12 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Interested in renting some land to cut logs on. Could use some help from others who have done it without problems. Hearing from those who had problems might also help, idk.

I've been promised the world and got burned every time trusting people.

Currently I'm waiting for a tree service, over a week now, to come do a gravy job to get back into my wood lot. Big tree broke off over a week ago, blocking my gates while people get more pissed about logs that I have to remove from my sites. Did I mention I do the free tree service there, seven years now... and the gravy insurance work is given away to a local landscape company. Now I know where I stand... in a ditch, waist deep in mud, apparently. Cut the grass and clean up the none paying storm damaged trees all the time.

Did favors and repair work for free on equipment, plus grading, stump pulling with their backhoe at another spot only to be told your out and they kept my logs/material, wtf. Same thing at other lots I was using before. Seems like they wait and get you all at once while your down sick and or needing help.

Will not discuss it more here in an open thread. The mods will just get pissed at me like usual.
Help and advice is my goal not another internet pissing match.
Trying my best not to lose my material, again. Legal stuff is the only way they say now days. Trusting family has cost me the most. Trying to stop the bleeding because my girls keep paying the price for my mistakes. Lost pretty much all my slabs, logs and beams the past three years and I'm not losing this batch to anyone.

Considered seriously looking local, under roof... the rates leave me out in the cold this winter.
Send a PM if you have any recommendations

Had no idea where to post this so move it or whatever
Do not respond
Lock this thread tia

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You're wanting to buy standing timber to mill? Am I understanding this right? Seems like a pretty common deal, a logger should pipe up.

If you're just wanting a woods to piss around in for a couple years, this may be a little harder to find. In my experience it never works well.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You're wanting to buy standing timber to mill? Am I understanding this right? Seems like a pretty common deal, a logger should pipe up.

If you're just wanting a woods to piss around in for a couple years, this may be a little harder to find. In my experience it never works well.
I don't buy standing timber or rent land for timber.
Have my own saws, chippers, trucks, trailers, logs, slabs, post, beams, mills, forklift, ect ect ect and no legal paper to a piece of land. To be at home is impossible... no room 0.21 acres. They are to be sold like the stuff that was already stolen. Some is for a building at home.

Leasing land to log would be so so much easier imo.

I'm not pissing around. Been burned for over 50K
This ain't no *f-wording game here. Everyone made out and I got *f-worded over for trusting people without a written lease storing slabs, figured quality big logs, posts and beams there. Never again! We can not buy land right now. It's just that simple. Nothing more nothing less.

Maybe, as usual, my intentions were not crystal clear?
Hope that helped and this might shed more light on things from my perspective.
Farmers won't lease unless you grow crops. My life needs stability, with confidence in tomorrow, not empty promises holding me up from making money and moving forward. Three people have asked me to get a kiln. Right now I'm buried in large logs to slab and pine for post, beam and timber frame stuff. Some say I'm the guy that should be learning how to dry large slabs in a kiln. I used to build and repair large ceramic kilns electric and gas fired. Most locals with a kiln will not dry wood for others, greed, plain and simple. They're in your out is our local market mentality. Going out deep in the pines opens you up to thieves and such without 24/7 security on site. The land I'm on is just empty promises. They will never sell to me as promised. Should have owned it four years ago... this place is all bs. I'd like to move out of the perfect spot with plenty of room because of the land owner.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have land I'd let You use/rent.
You would have to keep it clean (mow it, clear brush saplings, keep it from turning into a jungle).
You would also have to pay the annual land tax of 20$.

Our current leasers haven't attended to the fields in 5 months, the weed is shoulder high by now.
We will not renew their lease next year.
FYI, the current leasers are claiming government funded subventions for "processing" our fields - they get cash for growing nothing on our land.

I considered filling the field right next to our house with firewood logs and processed firewood.
Prices for firewood go up annually, it might be a good investment on the long run.

Doing what You do, I guess owning Your own land is imperative.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I can deal with bs. Been through so much crap but this needs to end on my terms not others where we lose.
Always have had bs. The extended family is a train wreck mostly.

Lying
Stealing
Fraud by deception
Claiming you can not remember
Intentionally screwing your only son repeatedly and having zero integrity or ownership in anything is sad.
The guy who got my real good big logs who dumps motor oil, fuel oil, fert, salt by the tons and who knows what else on his property is about to have a big EPA problem. He deserve everything coming his way for sure.
I got rid of all my so called friends. It was easy to, just stop doing them favors and they only come back periodically complaining about what they need me to do for them. It's priceless. Two weeks ago was a prime example. No show fir eighteen months. Sent me one text to needle me about six months ago, but got no response. Left pissed off and yelling at me about what he needs done.
All my doing for others... did us in. They got all my time with agreements about helping us with our home and property. We got nothing not even a hello or text. Now maintaining our home has become pressing. I even rented space for some of them and they were careful to cut me from that lease while they give that person a lease and I hand them cash from the tenant while I maintain your building or lot. Definitely I'm the stupid one here. Got *f-worded for 700 in fuel oil three winters ago by mom and dads shop tenant. The icing on cake is when the tenant got done stealing what they could... pops got his stuff back about 9k in frame pulling equipment and shop tools in the building. They got all my tools 3.5k maybe 4k. Guess what I got, nothing but an ear full of "my" problem tenant and *b-wording about fixing the buildings roofs, again. You signed the lease with them and cut me out if so don't *b-word at me. Nope... no more freebies from me and then they start stealing my stuff and selling it or something although one claims they junked it. Sure you did. Money is an evil thing for those who constantly seek it when they have plenty. Guess you can not fix trusting and stupid. I own that everyday.
I just want out and be able to protect what I have left and replaced recently. No good can come from the place now. The out buildings are falling into disrepair quickly and the main shops I used to rent but had to stop paying them and get out. No lease... no more money. Simple thing I must have to run a business from there. Insurance requires it but they laugh at me now. The buildings are zoned residential industrial with use permits. It used to be a collision shop, towing and auto facility. Now they're dormant and filling with molded sheet rock on the ceilings from roof leaks.

When someone steals all your bench tools and specialty measuring equipment you hope to get it back and I could have but I had no lease and the cops wouldn't help me recover *s-word three years ago. I was told... it's not your building. We deal with owners, sorry Charlie. Trusting extended family or anyone is foolish from my stand point now. It only reduces our chances for success in the future staying where your not appreciated and more than like holding up a quick, planed midnight sale because he knows I'll sue if it goes back on the market again or is sold out from under me. I'll go for the oral sale contract in court immediately. Might still do it with the right person. He refuses to even sign a lease, lease options or settlement papers for years but claims it's for sale, to others like my cousin, who never real call him on it. It was on the market but was pulled when I went for settlement. He claims she told him I never had any deal to buy the place from them. He has memory problems since his blood clot, or so claimed. Maybe it's all a rouse. My time is running out for me while holding up my new business, again, because of others. I've lost two years of planning and three years of profits. My math says a half a decade is too long. Flip flops don't make good parents or the qualities associated with such behavior. Wonder why I'm so *f-worded up? Flipyflopping confusions is my specialty ;)

Was a good rant but negates the pressing problem at hand.
*s-word or get off the pot. Having a solid lease agreement is my only current future. Doing it correctly is my fear. Avoiding paper work was all I knew or saw growing up. Only do what you have to do and avoid the rest was standard procedure most times. Now it gets used against me most times. Never met a lawyer or paid one I trusted. Calculated risk most times for me.

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First you need to find the piece of land your trying to lease. Then you need to talk to a lawyer and have them look over a written contract or have them write you one. Then you need to follow such guidelines as are in the lease agreement.
Always look out for yourself, nobody else will. Sounds like the person who screwed you over the most is you.

cuinrearview

Unskilled Hammer Donkey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First you need to find the piece of land your trying to lease. Then you need to talk to a lawyer
These two are backwards imho. Get your house in order before you try and add more. Last thing anyone wants to do is pay a lawyer but unfortunately these days it's the only way to CYA.