Random Thought Of The Day

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
it is funt to cut big tall trees and watch them fall. small yard trees can be a real sense of accomplishment when they are big and mixed into and around of bunch of things that cant be destroyed. lots of work but fun in a different way

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I started off with yard trees to get to play with saws. After going felling at Woodslasher’s and with chiselbit it ain’t fun any more.

That’s why we get paid I guess. Knowing your making a bunch of money doing something easy (for you) can be rewarding.

But we all go through low stoke phases. Not every tree is fun, but you’re still outside smashing stuff with big machines. I’ll take a back yard prune over merging spreadsheets any day.

Being attached to the tree while you’re doing it keeps it interesting as well. Try topping some of those big poles. Or ride the crane.

Upgrade your chipper as soon as possible. 15-18” handles most residential work very well.

Woodpecker

Sassy Madam
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
The middle of the land shaped like a hand
Country flag
Why not go back to logging?

I could probably stand to learn some tricks and techniques for dealing with branches. Sometimes I try to keep them big and drop straight onto truck or trailer or handle with eqpt. Sometimes I cut em small so they consolidate better and pack down. Climbing on top and mincing helps. I get a few big ones on the bottom and use those to drag the pile off in the shop yard to dry. Reload the piles and have bonfires. Gonna have a fire tomorrow. One trailer of dry and one trailer and two trucks of green. Might have to help the green with some diesel. Don’t wanna unload and reload. I have a little chipper and could probably borrow a dump trailer….fertilizer guy said I could dump in his compost.
I’d rather be climbing TBH. Once you’ve felled a *s-word load of trees it’s gets kind-of meh. Every time I climb a tree it’s different. Although I do like putting hard wood in tight lays for soccer moms 🤷🏼‍♂️

You need to find yourself a half decent 12” chipper if you don’t have one. The older pre emissions Bandits, Morebark, Carlton, or Vermeers are good ones. It’s the only thing that makes branch management tolerable. It’s that or a big grapple truck. Chainsaw chipping branches is BS.

Timmyd

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thought after the starter went in my truck this morning and an alternator in my work truck about 45 min later im gonna park them both in the middle of homewood in pittsburgh with the windows down and the keys in the ignition....thats my thought today.
As luck would have it, for the first time ever, the PGH police would get them towed before the thugs could strip them and you’d get nailed for towing and storage fees

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
*frenching Godaddy hosting company strikes again, and they aren't even hosting our website server anymore.

Here's how they f'd us yet again...

They still host our email for the forum, even though the website is hosted elsewhere. Godaddy moved our email to a new server. In the process, they hijacked our website. #fuming
Just found this on the NSP3 thread.