Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Terribly sorry for all the bad. Makes a man tired.
Or his left behind wife!
She is still cleaning up and dealing with closures on business deals that her late husband arranged/was messing with - she is loosing thousands of $.

MustangMike

Mastermind Approved!
Local time
7:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can' like some of these posts guys, but I feel for both of you.

My good friend, a local tree guy who's saws I fixed, died a few months ago in an accident involving his bucket truck.

His wife still runs the back office, and his son (just out of HS) is trying to continue running the business, but everyone knew and trusted HIM, and business is suffering.

I so hope it goes well for them ... but you feel so powerless to help.

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
1:34 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are all just used to the familiarity of the old OPE , it will take some time but we will adapt to the new look and layout.

Although, I personally do miss the higher color contrast the old OPE featured!
I do not like this light and bright EVERYTHING look, it hurts my eyes on longer sessions. o_O

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
6:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
We are all just used to the familiarity of the old OPE , it will take some time but we will adapt to the new look and layout.

Although, I personally do miss the higher color contrast the old OPE featured!
I do not like this light and bright EVERYTHING look, it hurts my eyes on longer sessions. o_O
Agreed, I too am finding it harder to see the beginning and ending of the posts. Maybe they can change that, darken it up a bit with some contrast for us later? That would help a lot I think.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Just like most things, I’m sure once we learn how it works we’ll like it.
Give him a couple of days to get the all of the porting and other mods done. A finely tuned platform is rarely obtained on the first iteration.

Only the Tony

Hiding in the back of the class.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Why'd You turn it on in the first place?! :rolleyes:

I love the fact how Viber autocorrect underlines the F-word as if it is incorrectly written! :p
Phone was already set up that way. Just haven't felt the need to turn it off since I would mainly use it at my boss.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
my random thought for today is that i liked the way this website was layed out before better this new way is more difficult.
I don't get why they can't make a new more secure version of a forum while retaining the old graphics and layout.

pbillyi69

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't get why they can't make a new more secure version of a forum while retaining the old graphics and layout.
i don't either. that doesn't make sense to me either.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I hate dropping the trees where my "felling lane" really means "the tree might actually make it to the ground if it hits that spot just perfect".
I had a couple of those today.. actually had to pull on one with the skidder to finish limbing it because it was too high to reach safely.

Woodslasher

Teh debil
Local time
4:34 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a couple of those today.. actually had to pull on one with the skidder to finish limbing it because it was too high to reach safely.
I've got 30-ish waiting in the wings, but fortunately between a dozer and an excavator I'm confident they'll all get cleared with minimal danger. As David put it recently, I'll be "dropping" trees that are already bound and semi-immobile. They don't go "krack krack KOOSH!" like the fun ones but they need to be gone before burn season is over and fire season starts.