Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
4:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prayers sent.

I am seeing what health issues do to you and the people around you.
Just simple mobility problems shuts down most of your normal life.
My mother, 82yrs. old broke her lower leg. she was working up to that day.
Did all the paperwork and worked on the floor at our Drycleaners.
She has a few weeks to go before she can put weight on the leg .
She should have full use of her legs again eventually.

She is out of rehab and back at home but needs a wheelchair and someone to be there with her.
We were lucky, a good friend of mine has been housekeeper, lawnmover,and painter for my mother for years so she can just move in for a few weeks.

I have been doing my job running the cleaning side of the business and keeping up with the money, mail, recordkeeping info.
I then drive to moms and let her help/do the payroll, books and gov't headaches.
Time is also spent doing , cleanup, feeding, meds,help in and out if bed/chair.

In short i have no time for me. I go all day then sleep.
I do it because they would do it for me.

It is not easy but i do it with no reservations.
I tried getting out of bed using only one foot. Try sitting down on the toilet from standing on one foot. Now do it with an old worn body.

Your health is important don't take it for granted.

My present situation is a little crazy but we are working thru it.

Mom has a broke leg, housekeeper/caregiver sprained her foot bad the day after mom came home.
My wife then decides to trip and fall hitting the bed post and breaking her collarbone.

We are making it work .

On the plus side we talk more and the housekeepers son has some slack time to care for his mom and mine.

Treasure family and good friends
Listen to the Doctor a little
Don't take your health for granted.

Loud chainsaws do help. I have went out and made a few cuts. It does relax the mind for a bit.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Prayers sent.

I am seeing what health issues do to you and the people around you.
Just simple mobility problems shuts down most of your normal life.
My mother, 82yrs. old broke her lower leg. she was working up to that day.
Did all the paperwork and worked on the floor at our Drycleaners.
She has a few weeks to go before she can put weight on the leg .
She should have full use of her legs again eventually.

She is out of rehab and back at home but needs a wheelchair and someone to be there with her.
We were lucky, a good friend of mine has been housekeeper, lawnmover,and painter for my mother for years so she can just move in for a few weeks.

I have been doing my job running the cleaning side of the business and keeping up with the money, mail, recordkeeping info.
I then drive to moms and let her help/do the payroll, books and gov't headaches.
Time is also spent doing , cleanup, feeding, meds,help in and out if bed/chair.

In short i have no time for me. I go all day then sleep.
I do it because they would do it for me.

It is not easy but i do it with no reservations.
I tried getting out of bed using only one foot. Try sitting down on the toilet from standing on one foot. Now do it with an old worn body.

Your health is important don't take it for granted.

My present situation is a little crazy but we are working thru it.

Mom has a broke leg, housekeeper/caregiver sprained her foot bad the day after mom came home.
My wife then decides to trip and fall hitting the bed post and breaking her collarbone.

We are making it work .

On the plus side we talk more and the housekeepers son has some slack time to care for his mom and mine.

Treasure family and good friends
Listen to the Doctor a little
Don't take your health for granted.

Loud chainsaws do help. I have went out and made a few cuts. It does relax the mind for a bit.

Lots going on my friend.

I'll say a few prayers for you and your family.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I want my cell phone to know that Hod is not a word. I would like to remove it from the dad-gum dictionary.
But I can't figure out how. And the this stinking auto-correct is changing correctly spelled words into things that
make no sense at all. I tell you if I could pluck the hair out of the inventor of auto-correct he would look like Telly Savalis!

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although hod actually is a word I feel your pain

Auto fill and auto correct suck

A hod is a V shaped wooden tray for carrying bricks from a source to your worksite

Hod Carrier used to be a common job title

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WSU, Witchita. Has free ed, housing & food for those willing to learn to rivet plane parts into flying metal or paint the finished product. Prolly have to work for the company that covers the expense after you graduate. Didn't hear about deals like that 45 years ago when I may have benefited, but if you know someone who wants a skilled job with dirty hands and better pay than I ever had..........

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Although hod actually is a word I feel your pain

Auto fill and auto correct suck

A hod is a V shaped wooden tray for carrying bricks from a source to your worksite

Hod Carrier used to be a common job title

I be John Brown, you just told me something I never heard before.
Thanks for this information. I do not however believe this "auto correct" demon should replace the word GOD with Hod.
Please tell me how I can fix this. Since I never have any intention of carrying bricks on to a work site I would like to remove
it from the smart dictionary. :D

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
WSU, Witchita. Has free ed, housing & food for those willing to learn to rivet plane parts into flying metal or paint the finished product. Prolly have to work for the company that covers the expense after you graduate. Didn't hear about deals like that 45 years ago when I may have benefited, but if you know someone who wants a skilled job with dirty hands and better pay than I ever had..........
That is virtually impossible! I gots to see the vid of sum dude riveting metal whilst its flyin...

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for this information. I do not however believe this "auto correct" demon should replace the word GOD with Hod.
Please tell me how I can fix this. Since I never have any intention of carrying bricks on to a work site I would like to remove

Android and Google I take it?

Semotony

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That is virtually impossible! I gots to see the vid of sum dude riveting metal whilst its flyin...
Sorry ; I see the misunderstanding my word use can lead toward. Intent = rivet parts into metal product which can fly. Also WWll airman was awarded medals for working from one end of plane to other (inside) saving wounded comrades and tying parts together so the plane could stay in air back to base, Movie camera wasn't aboard that bomber

3browns

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The fact that any piece of technology would replace the word God with ANY other word says a lot about our times and speaks volumes about the little hipster/yuppie pukes that write software and seem more and more to be in control of our lives and technology

I will now climb down from my cranky old man soapbox and return you to your regularly scheduled chainsaw mayhem

Dot Dot Dot

danimal

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I whole heartedly agree.
I'm on a soapbox alot these days too.
That's why I gots a 60day jail sentence on facebook.
They even deleted lot of my *s-worde !

For God and Country...not much else matters.

Terry Syd

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:25 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I whole heartedly agree.
I'm on a soapbox alot these days too.
That's why I gots a 60day jail sentence on facebook.
They even deleted lot of my *s-worde !

I was politically active (mostly on the gun control agenda - https://gumshoenews.com/2017/10/17/episode-1-justice-lucky-country-port-arthur-massacre/) for years and spent a lot of time under surveillance . When Facebook came along, there was no way I was going to do the trendy thing and make it easier for them. - I've watched the censorship increase over the years, so your 'soapbox' is getting smaller and smaller....