Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
1100cc fuel injected I4.
All stock. Looks lean or burning oil to me.
View attachment 152491

I dont know much about bikes but on a car that looks normal for 100000 miles. With low tension piston rings and lack of maintance causing rings to coke up, late model cars consume oil. Some worse than others.

Is this a maintance or are you troubleshooting a problem?

Scotty Overkill

Serial Tree Killer
Local time
2:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellas, anyone have any experience with the Yamaha R1's? I have a 2003 Yamaha RX10 sled with the R1 engine, it's got some blow-by on two cylinders. Hate to tear it out if there's some tricks to figuring out what I needs

I heard that the rings are known to carbon up in these sleds because of colder temperatures and people not letting them warm up before riding. Maybe some seafoam in the cylinders and do a compression test before/after as a baseline?

I bought this sled cheap, it's really nice and only has 5k in the odometer....

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I dont know much about bikes but on a car that looks normal for 100000 miles. With low tension piston rings and lack of maintance causing rings to coke up, late model cars consume oil. Some worse than others.

Is this a maintance or are you troubleshooting a problem?
Just routine maint. It’s my bosses bike. In the off season he has me work on his stuff just to keep me on payroll till xmas. It has 20k on it, original plugs/filter. Bench cleaning the injectors next.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey fellas, anyone have any experience with the Yamaha R1's? I have a 2003 Yamaha RX10 sled with the R1 engine, it's got some blow-by on two cylinders. Hate to tear it out if there's some tricks to figuring out what I needs

I heard that the rings are known to carbon up in these sleds because of colder temperatures and people not letting them warm up before riding. Maybe some seafoam in the cylinders and do a compression test before/after as a baseline?

I bought this sled cheap, it's really nice and only has 5k in the odometer....
Scotty, I do have some with that motor. It ain’t good though. When I get home to my laptop, I’ll share pics. The stator/generators are known to explode and my nephews did last year. Is it the two left side (as on the bike)?
If you feel it’s a ring issue, buy some of this.
7C02E8E9-9319-4CDA-A8C5-930492C4C9E7.jpeg
Boss uses it on occasion. It’s real thick so watch the directions.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Scotty, I do have some with that motor. It ain’t good though. When I get home to my laptop, I’ll share pics. The stator/generators are known to explode and my nephews did last year. Is it the two left side (as on the bike)?
If you feel it’s a ring issue, buy some of this.
View attachment 152492
Boss uses it on occasion. It’s real thick so watch the directions.

X66P. A drop of that in your coffee will clean you and the sewer pipe below! Im sure @redline4 can vouch for it.

stihl_head1982

Here long time
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Old pic from my mower racing days I stumbled on while looking for the broken oil pump pic. My wife took it, not me.

View attachment 152497

Proof of something I have wondered about. "Are there rednecks in Wisconsin, like there are in Norf Kay-ro-liner?" Yep here is the proof! :aaaaa: