FederalQ

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hose testing is a pain. But, it's nice when there's no surprises on scene.
They learned around here not to mention hose testing for the meeting agenda. Few would show up otherwise. Now they hire it to be done along with ladder testing. Sign of the times I guess.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They learned around here not to mention hose testing for the meeting agenda. Few would show up otherwise. Now they hire it to be done along with ladder testing. Sign of the times I guess.
I guess that's one way to get it done. 8 have about 28 miles to the main station where meetings are held. I don't make it often.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
is there a good app to punch in Lat and Long cordinates and have it show up on a map? Ive tried google maps and a few others online, google maps keeps takinge to Mongolia and others show Paris.

48.970973, 115.272650 is what I would like to be able to see.

https://www.wildwebe.net/?dc_name=MTKDC

here is a good source for fire info in Montana, maybe orther in the northern rockies I'm not sure though

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
is there a good app to punch in Lat and Long cordinates and have it show up on a map? Ive tried google maps and a few others online, google maps keeps takinge to Mongolia and others show Paris.

here is a good source for fire info in Montana, maybe orther in the northern rockies I'm not sure though
I used Montana Cadastral and got close. As far as I can tell It's about 2 miles south of the Montana/Canadian border and 5 miles West of Rexford.

No clue on a app.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I tried that and cannot figure it out either, I guess the days of the Thomas guide are long gone.

we have a truck stationed at the local DNRC office on standby, so I am going to attempt to keep tabs on them in case I get called to bring in the tender

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
figured it out, need to put a - minus sign before the long, I guess that signifies western hemisphere and it works good on google maps now.

and the link I posted is for Kootenai dispatch.

that is a nation wide dispatch center CAD program that can be used to moniter fires

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Headhunter1111

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Avenza maps is the standard for Forest Service. It works fair. I prefer OnX for features but Avenza is hard to beat for fire when you need to coordinate.

Headhunter1111

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a meth lab fire this morning at 0200. Third time this year that we’ve gone to the same property. First time was a brushfire second a shed burnt down, this time it was a garage and camper, as well as a shed on the neighboring property.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yea, they burn, it's just a matter of time. And, most cases it's always early morning or late evening.

I guys got be careful with the smoke at those fires. It could kill you or cause serious lung problems.

redneckhillbilly

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
an observation I've made when meth labs catch fire is the people try to fight them for along time before they call it in, everyone I've responded to was called in by a neighbor not the meth cookers.

Headhunter1111

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
an observation I've made when meth labs catch fire is the people try to fight them for along time before they call it in, everyone I've responded to was called in by a neighbor not the meth cookers.
This was the first one I’ve responded to down here. Meth isn’t as big of a problem as opiates, though that is starting to change. I’m sure it won’t be the last. One of the guys on a neighboring department was with Bozeman and Helena Depts. sounds like it’s a common occurrence in those parts.
My wife’s aunt saw the flames from across the street and called it in. It had to have been burning quite a while before.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
7:19 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It looks like it was made from a trigger bar.