Post up your ported cylinder Artwork

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
As said above, theres nothing to feed them, theu are not open to the transfers in any way, and any mix that gets past the piston will be so minimal that it would have no effect. Just the way i see it.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
8:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

So, the reason for finger ports is to get mix from the lowers to the top of the piston efficiently as possible whilst evacuating exhaust without lowering velocity and not losing unburned fuel/air mix out the exhaust.

There are many arguments as to whether finger ports are effective enough to warrant the extra work invested in grinding them. In order for yours to have any sort of flow from lowers to uppers, they'd actually be something like a hybrid bridge port thing, you'd need to drill straight through where I made the red circles so you can access mix from the lowers, which is coming up from the crankcase.

20190317_125140.jpg

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thaught with the piston being windowed on the 461 it might work but just a test.
Thanks for the info everyone

See how it works and report back, the cylinder with the best filled charge wins the day. I've seen some odd looking ones run damn good...

srcarr52

Shop rat, backyard slice cutter.
GoldMember
Local time
1:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So, the reason for finger ports is to get mix from the lowers to the top of the piston efficiently as possible whilst evacuating exhaust without lowering velocity and not losing unburned fuel/air mix out the exhaust.

There are many arguments as to whether finger ports are effective enough to warrant the extra work invested in grinding them. In order for yours to have any sort of flow from lowers to uppers, they'd actually be something like a hybrid bridge port thing, you'd need to drill straight through where I made the red circles so you can access mix from the lowers, which is coming up from the crankcase.

View attachment 171709

They'd feed beside the piston for anything but a full circle piston.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No it is meteor
And be careful with your squish the center of the squish band hangs down more than the outer edge does it would be best if you could machine the squish band evenly if you can that stuff is tuff to cut down trust me I know.

qurotro

Cookie Cutter
Local time
12:00 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I thaught with the piston being windowed on the 461 it might work but just a test.
Thanks for the info everyone
I think its gonna work.
Then I started thinking, 461 is feeding through the front in the cylinder, so whats the windows in the piston for?
Dang my head hurts.

HYPERSAWS

West coast cutter
Local time
10:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And be careful with your squish the center of the squish band hangs down more than the outer edge does it would be best if you could machine the squish band evenly if you can that stuff is tuff to cut down trust me I know.
Well after testing the saw today I do not think it gained anything