Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
5:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@Stump Shot

This story is familiar. Thanks for sharing. The forums often show the polished product at the end. It is my experience that it takes significant effort and patience to actually get there. Glad I'm not the only one.

It also shows why your porter may want to put some new goodies into your older saw before he sends it out.
As well as to owners owners that it's easier to take care of these things sooner rather than later.
Otherwise yes, older saws can have a multitude of challenges that need to be addressed before success.

old guy

Love me some Husqvarna
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It also shows why your porter may want to put some new goodies into your older saw before he sends it out.
As well as to owners owners that it's easier to take care of these things sooner rather than later.
Otherwise yes, older saws can have a multitude of challenges that need to be addressed before success.[/QUOTe
How many impulse lines I should have changed when it was apart the first time!

NPKenny

Super OPE Member
Local time
3:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This early 066 has been one of those projects…. Probably too far gone to even consider rebuilding, But alas, it’s a short case 066, so I couldn’t let it go.

About 6 time-serts, stripped bar stud hole, eroded exhaust flange, bad unavailable coil, broken tank handle, no compatible carb box with replacement handle, etc.

Here’s this morning’s issue, stripped exhaust flange threads. Two more time-serts and we are onto the next thing.

C87948F7-C02F-4F1D-9C0D-980D8E17D3FC.jpeg

Lee H

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have this same issue with a Mac Super 797. Full rebuild and ran perfect. Went to start it again a couple days later and ran fine. Started it again that night and it went lean
and i was like what the ef happened. I found loose welch plugs in the block. Replaced those and still lean. Found a crack in the carb mounting flange so i replaced the whole
lower fuel tank and the mounting flange is part of it. It still ran lean. Replaced crank seals again and still lean. I shelfed it. They are a very difficult saw to do a pressure vac
test cuz of the decomp valve. I will get back at it this spring.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This early 066 has been one of those projects…. Probably too far gone to even consider rebuilding, But alas, it’s a short case 066, so I couldn’t let it go.

About 6 time-serts, stripped bar stud hole, eroded exhaust flange, bad unavailable coil, broken tank handle, no compatible carb box with replacement handle, etc.

Here’s this morning’s issue, stripped exhaust flange threads. Two more time-serts and we are onto the next thing.

View attachment 359032

When you take something that should be a parts saw on then patience will prevail.

I have this same issue with a Mac Super 797. Full rebuild and ran perfect. Went to start it again a couple days later and ran fine. Started it again that night and it went lean
and i was like what the ef happened. I found loose welch plugs in the block. Replaced those and still lean. Found a crack in the carb mounting flange so i replaced the whole
lower fuel tank and the mounting flange is part of it. It still ran lean. Replaced crank seals again and still lean. I shelfed it. They are a very difficult saw to do a pressure vac
test cuz of the decomp valve. I will get back at it this spring.

Dang, sounds like you should almost hook up the air compressor with 7 psi regulated air, I do this if I can't build up pressure fast enough with the hand pump.

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Real or imaginary here is one dorking me. Pulling cyl one bolt seemed not tight.
Ahead to mockup, sure nuff two of those are close to bottoming out before tight enough.

Just because "it came that way" don't mean it's right. I found shorter bolts.

Husky 55 has no IPL to look at that I know of.

I'll keep fixing till good and broke lol.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Real or imaginary here is one dorking me. Pulling cyl one bolt seemed not tight.
Ahead to mockup, sure nuff two of those are close to bottoming out before tight enough.

Just because "it came that way" don't mean it's right. I found shorter bolts.

Husky 55 has no IPL to look at that I know of.

I'll keep fixing till good and broke lol.

Here ya go...

Attachments

• HUSKY 55 IPL..pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
6:12 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks once again guys.
The number of that fastener ends in 25.
If that is the length, they are correct.
I found GOBS of old sealer in the blind fastener holes.
Problem or not I feel better after digging that out.
I should order a degree wheel and milk this out another month,, or more lol.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Project of mine has initial run issues and even a stop issue.
Saw was built on a 372xtorque chassis that was blown too to bottom and was completely rebuilt.
Initial startup has a racing rpm that could not be adjusted down.
Thought about a possibility of a leak or bad carburetor when after some messing around found the throttle wire sticking. Also had an intermittent stop switch when attempting to shut down. A couple of new parts and things were lining up as they should finally.

IMG_20230103_110833881.jpg

IMG_20230103_230014910_MP.jpg

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
'minds me of my 2139...it's still waiting for me to have the time/patience/mood to fuddle with it again. Maybe I will just send it to you. :D

If parts are available that are needed from either Jonsered or Husqvarna I see no reason it can't be worked out if you like.

I have a couple 2139 and 2140/1? parts saws I was gonna build some day never. If you need something if you go this route, feel free to reach out.