High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Paint safe degreaser

Toad22t

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I don't have a USC. So a good friend of mine e mentioned that he uses a nesco to boil/wash his part's. So I'm ready to clean up two case halves and a clutch cover and I was curious what everyone uses on painted parts like these. Thank you for any help!1471304956645-486871922.jpg

tomscott

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I converted a Harbor Freight washer to use the regular parts washer solvent sold by TSC (which is pretty much just mineral spirits that are deodorized and has a higher flash point to make it safer). I have left it filled for over half a year now and even the cheap Chinese paint inside the parts washer is still intact.

Also, I am really impressed at how little odor the stuff has, and it cleans great. Link to TSC stuff: http://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/crown-psc-1000-parts-cleaner-5-gal?cm_vc=-10005

Warped5

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dawn works well, that's for sure.

IMHO, it is overmatched by a tub full of greasy dirty parts. Just takes too long to be effective.

I'll stick with Simple Green but want to try that stuff Jon gets from TSC.

tomscott

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have cleaned a whole lot of stuff in Dawn and hot water before building the parts washer, and it does well. Now I'm just spoiled having the parts washer always set up and ready to go. I find myself cleaning things I might have skimped on previously.

Termitebuffet

Home of the corn can muffler .....
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dawn works well, that's for sure.

IMHO, it is overmatched by a tub full of greasy dirty parts. Just takes too long to be effective.

I'll stick with Simple Green but want to try that stuff Jon gets from TSC.
I run the dawn liquid in the usc , still purple power and pinesol in crock pots ...[emoji200]

Zoo City Sawz

tomscott

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ditch the HF wand for a Loc-Line adjustable get-up:
Loc-Line close up.JPG

Beef up the flimsy Chinese tray:
Inside tray strongbacks installed.JPG

Better shot of Loc-Line. They sell special pliers to adjust length and various fittings:
Loc Line wand.JPG

Then fill with $85 worth of solvent. The stupid solvent costs more than the PW from HF!